Author Topic: Caucasion Mountain Dog  (Read 36354 times)

Lyn

Re: Caucasion Mountain Dog
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 02:14:27 am »
Wow, Zero is fierce. We only got to see the cute cuddly side of him before. :D

I have to admit that CO's and CAO's do facinate me. Having a dog that without a doubt would protect you and your family with his life gives you such a secure feeling. But at the same time I know I'm not ready for that much dog.

Offline Warlock7

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 10:06:51 am »
Up a couple of pictures I saw a dog shredding paper. Since this could be any dog, age/size or gender, how do you train this obviously bad habit out? We've tried not leaving paper of any kind out but if it's not that it could be anything else, better some paper than furniture or bedspreads. Scolding after the fact has yielded no results.

Tonda

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 10:35:07 am »
You take the thing they shouldn't be eating away and replace it with a chew toy . . . over and over and over until they learn.

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 11:23:34 am »
I personally give my puppies cardboard and paper to shred- especially during teething.  Keeps them busy and wears them out and a tired puppy is a good puppy. Easy to clean up too. Otherwise I keep things out of reach but also find that as they emotionally mature they no longer steal the magazines etc. 

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 10:35:18 am »
I Agree Do you Remember me marylee with the Saints molly and maggie, well we lost molly to Bloat, was very sad! we just got a new male saint, he will never stay out side sorry!he sleeps in our room!! why get a dog to keep out side tell her to get a cow if she wants to Breed!! I know the Dog she is talking about it is very rare, Maybe if you are raising Hearding Dogs or Beagles but even them get cold!! like a Barn!marylee!!!!!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!