Author Topic: Eagle Pack  (Read 7701 times)

Luvmydanes

Eagle Pack
« on: October 10, 2006, 09:19:53 am »
Can you tell me whatever you know about it? I went to their website, and actually found a place that has free shipping since no places around here carry it and just want to get all the information I can get on it. Thanks! :D

Luvmydanes

Re: Eagle Pack
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 10:06:58 am »
bump

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 10:12:39 am »
It is awesome food but is really hard to find. Since Bear has been on it he has had perfect poop, no skin allergies and actually eats his food everday. I love, love, love it!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Luvmydanes

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 10:13:30 am »
What kind do you feed him? They have so many different kinds, and I have no idea which is better or even if there is some that is better than others. Thank you!

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 10:23:38 am »
I tried a couple bags of Eagle Pack Holistic Chicken for Koby awhile back.  He's got a very sensitive system so he didn't do well on it, of course every dog is different.   If you can get free shipping it may be worth a try!  Good luck!!  :)

Luvmydanes

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 10:33:10 am »
Thanks guys! I'll just have to try and see what they like

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 01:13:30 am »
I'm in the process of switching Teddy to the Eagle Pack Natural Formula - so far, so good!  I'll know more in a few days - LOL! 

I picked the Natural Formula mostly because of cost.  It was $49 CDN as opposed to the other types of Eagle Pack which were $57 CDN per bag.  Even if its the cheap Eagle Pack - it still has to be tonnes better than Iams!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 01:46:52 am »
We have been feeding Eagle Pack Holistic chicken for over a year and all three do great on it.  Ms. Tyra is my picky eater and I have found if I add just a little hot water she likes it even better.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 02:05:02 am »
I just put my weimaraner Riley on it this week.... Since rescuing the big guy last December he hasn't had a firm poop.... that is, until this week! I cheered when I saw his solid poop. We had tried many foods along the way, including Innova, Wellness, Canidae.... but Eagle Pack is the winner. After a long conversation with a canine nutritionist at the local pet store we decided to give the Eagle Pack Holistic Duck and Oatmeal a try. As a bonus, Riley LOVES the taste and gobbles it up!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 03:49:08 am »
What kind do you feed him? They have so many different kinds, and I have no idea which is better or even if there is some that is better than others. Thank you!

Bear is on the Holistic Lamb & Oatmeal blend (the purple bag) and he loves it.
Hugs,
Jaime

Luvmydanes

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 03:56:14 am »
Thanks to everyone. :) Can you guys tell me approximately how long a bag lasts you and what size bag you normally buy? I'm just trying to get a general idea. Thanks

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 04:01:13 am »
We get the largest one (I forget the poundage) but it lasts about a month with him eating 3 cups for breakfast and 3 cups for dinner.
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 04:05:59 am »
Hey Jabear, how much Eagle Pack would you suggest for a growing puppy? 

(I can't imagine feeding Teddy that little - he eats 12cups a day of the Iams and he's still lean.)
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 04:18:30 am »
As a pup Bear ate more. I think about a year old he was at 8-9 cups per day. He did breakfast, lunch and dinner. He also gets treats though and nibbles on our dinner left overs.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime

Luvmydanes

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 04:40:10 am »
Ok, so I'd probably be going through one of the biggest bags every 2 weeks since we have 2 dogs. Is the iams a good dog food for dogs too? Cause I know I can get that locally whereas the eagle pack I'd have to have delivered cause you can't get it anywhere around here.