Author Topic: Lady Update  (Read 8338 times)

Anakalia

Re: Lady Update
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 01:51:56 am »
OH MY!!  She needs to slow down!  I know, I know, easier said than done right?! lol  Sounds like she's doing well.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 01:59:26 am »
She's doing real well.  depending on who you ask.  She's obviously the authority now.  Yesterday she decided she was good enough to launch herself from the floor into the bed.  She's not supposed to do that...but you can't really stop her when in about 1.2 seconds a 105 Rott leaps into the air.  :) 

LOL!  I love how the vets hand down these instructions but don't give you any ideas on how you're actually supposed to make it happen.  How's her appetite?  She looks like she really enjoyed her time as the ruling queen!
Daphne

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 01:59:41 am »
I can so relate to the "I feel great" attitude.  We are only day three post-op and Tucker is already wanting to play.  Yesterday I had him outside in the "big" yard for potty time and we had a couple people come by on horses... before I could say NO Tuc had lunged forward 4 or 5 steps.... yea when the doc said let him go at his own pace I don't think that is what he had in mind.  Because of the rest of the pack we have and will keep Tucker in the crate... for his own protection.

Know that you are not alone.

Keep us posted.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 03:07:50 am »
She's doing real well.  depending on who you ask.  She's obviously the authority now.  Yesterday she decided she was good enough to launch herself from the floor into the bed.  She's not supposed to do that...but you can't really stop her when in about 1.2 seconds a 105 Rott leaps into the air.  :) 

LOL!  I love how the vets hand down these instructions but don't give you any ideas on how you're actually supposed to make it happen.  How's her appetite?  She looks like she really enjoyed her time as the ruling queen!
:)  yeah...i'm sure he would have a hard time keeping her still too. 
Her appetite is improving.  she eats standing up through 80% of her meal now.  However, the Queen is spoiled with her milk and canned food stirred in with her dry food.  she'll look at her bowl of dry food and say: "No thanks.  I'd rather starve."   
that was completely my fault.  :) 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 03:09:38 am »
I can so relate to the "I feel great" attitude.  We are only day three post-op and Tucker is already wanting to play.  Yesterday I had him outside in the "big" yard for potty time and we had a couple people come by on horses... before I could say NO Tuc had lunged forward 4 or 5 steps.... yea when the doc said let him go at his own pace I don't think that is what he had in mind.  Because of the rest of the pack we have and will keep Tucker in the crate... for his own protection.

Know that you are not alone.

Keep us posted.

that's a good sign that Tuck wants to get back in the game so early.  I hate the "Long Road to Recovery".  that's what it is.  but we do it all for them...YES?   

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 03:10:50 am »
So glad to hear that Lady is doing well in her recovery! We so enjoyed her  and Gracie's company this past summer...and Mom was great to be around too!
Stella
Thanks!!! It was a fun weekend.  Grace wants to know how her buddy Strider is.  She had her eye on him!!! 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 03:15:26 am »
This is how we spoil ourselves. 
i took these with my camera phone so they aren't the greatest pics.  but you get the idea.  SPOILED is SPOILED no matter the resolution.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2006, 08:17:02 pm »
Lady took her second and third walk since her ordeal!  last night (walking off thanksgiving dinner) I took her on her first 10 minute walk.  (I get to increase it by 5 minutes each each).  she's a little sore today...but really looks forward to going farther and farther.  and she got a nice big pig ear after coming home.