Author Topic: Lady Update  (Read 8334 times)

lins_saving_grace

Lady Update
« on: November 01, 2006, 04:00:04 am »
Lady got her staples out today and is doing very well.  Still on couch rest for 2 more weeks though. 

EllieAndBlu

Re: Lady Update
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 04:08:14 am »
Lady looks like she is rather enjoying the extended couch-time!  But Gracie better be ready in 2 weeks... when all that pent-up energy explodes!  :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 04:45:51 am »
She is doing well at holding down the couch!!! Grace is already ready.

Kirsti

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 05:00:08 am »
Glad Lady is healing up well, I agree with everyone... who wouldn't love 2 more weeks of couch time?! haahaa...

~K

mjjensen

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 05:08:48 am »
  I'm glad to hear that Lady's doing well. You've got to love a vet that recommends "couch rest" :D

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 07:16:04 am »
Awww I'm so glad to hear she's healing nicely!  I love that pic with her tongue out, so so cute!  Couch rest is always a good thing!  :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 07:18:39 am »
Awww, she looks great! How's she feeling?

Julie

Thank you!  she's feeling good.  she overdoes it though and is feeling it this morning.  she wanted to eat the trick or treaters last night. 

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 01:25:14 pm »
you don't know how spoiled she is.  She won't eat breakfast or dinner without coaxing and heavan forbid there's no milk on breakfast.  she's getting used to this really fast.  I've created a monster.

HAHAHAHAAA!!  Watch out or she'll start making you bring her food to her on a silver platter(caviar and champagne), and bowing before her.  OH goodness you'll have to start calling her Lady Diva! hahahahahaa

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 01:34:46 pm »
you don't know how spoiled she is.  She won't eat breakfast or dinner without coaxing and heavan forbid there's no milk on breakfast.  she's getting used to this really fast.  I've created a monster.

HAHAHAHAAA!!  Watch out or she'll start making you bring her food to her on a silver platter(caviar and champagne), and bowing before her.  OH goodness you'll have to start calling her Lady Diva! hahahahahaa

I do bring her her food.  She won't get up to get it and eat in the kitchen anymore.  Her Godess butt sits in the living room at the end of the couch and waits for the full service meal.  I don't own a silver platter...sorr y, Bug. 
She's becoming a Diva.  Where did I go wrong?  :)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 02:23:37 pm »
I read this at work but couldn't reply.  Lady looks great and I'm so glad to hear that she is doing so well.  I love the last picture and the one with her tongue sticking out.  She looks like you might have a hard time getting her off her throne once she heals up completely. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 02:26:43 pm »
Oh, poor little Lady! I'm so glad she's doing okay though. Give her lots of kisses from me!  :-*
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 06:58:04 am »
She's getting terribly spoiled.  she refuses to eat unless her food is dressed up for a Queen.  She wouldn't eat this morning, but i'm sure she will tonight.
The surgical center forgot to take her stitches out from her paw so i have to run her to her normal vet tonight to have that done.  if she doesn't start eating normally without milk on her dry food or whatever she'll have to go in for a visit to find out why.  I think she's just being finicky and since her surgory was something of a trauma is still adjusting.   
other than that...she's good.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2006, 09:26:47 pm »
Well my girl is almost officially better.  we have 7 1/2 more weeks of no roughhousing.. .but we took our first 5 minute walk since the operation.  she was so happy to get out and pound the pavement.  It was a nice chilly Sauturday afternoon...no one out other than us...and our halti harness surcurely strapped to her head.  She did wonderfully and wanted to go farther and longer than 5 minutes. 
She's not really sore today either. 
I'm so proud of my pup.  She's gotten through this ordeal with flying colors and without a complaint.  This month has just flown by.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 09:19:56 am »
Yea!  Great news that Lady is doing so good.  I hope the next few weeks go flying by for all three of you.  I know Grace is ready for a little rough housing.  I was just thinking today about Lady and wondering how she was doing. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 01:47:22 am »
She's doing real well.  depending on who you ask.  She's obviously the authority now.  Yesterday she decided she was good enough to launch herself from the floor into the bed.  She's not supposed to do that...but you can't really stop her when in about 1.2 seconds a 105 Rott leaps into the air.  :)