Author Topic: Zoey had her first Adequin shot today  (Read 3302 times)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Zoey had her first Adequin shot today
« on: November 10, 2006, 02:45:16 am »
I took Zoey to the vet today to get her first adequin shot. Boy did she put up a fight going in  :o I have to take her back once a week for the next 3 weeks, and then once a month after that. I am really hoping I can see an improvement in her with all the money and stress that it is costing me (she is so resistant at the vet I think its just as stressful for me as it is for her)

Everybody cross your fingers that it works well for her!
RIP former BPO

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Zoey had her first Adequin shot today
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 03:14:02 am »
I'll cross my fingers for sure! But, could you tell me what it is and why Zoey needs it?  I'm curious!!   :)
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 03:17:45 am »
Adequan (I spelled it wrong erlier) is a joint supplement. It's basically like liquid glucosamine, and it's supposed to be better than glucosamine pills since it goes straight to the joints.  http://www.adequancanine.us/

I am gining it to zoey as one of her treatments for hip dysplacia
RIP former BPO

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 03:21:45 am »
Ahhhh. Thanks... I knew I had read about it somewhere recently, but couldn't remember what it was a treatment for.  I am such a stress case about HD.  I currently give Bella Glucosamine with Cetyl-M and also an Ester-C supplement.  I hope that she will turn out to be ok, but I worry. 

I hope it works well for Zoey! How severe is her HD? Bella and I send her best wishes...   :D
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 09:07:13 am »
I plan to give it 6 months to see if it is making a difference. Today I talked to two different people in town who both tried it for their bernese mnt dogs and neither one of them thought it helped, so that is kinda disheartening to hear, but I am still really hoping it works for zoey
RIP former BPO