Author Topic: satin ball question  (Read 1986 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
satin ball question
« on: November 09, 2006, 11:18:43 pm »

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
i saw on here the recipe for satin balls.  i wanted to ask about it, to make sure i don't mess it up!  i'd like to try it out as an occasional treat, and also when my dogs go on strike because they decide they don't like the food i just bought 80lbs of ::), this is when i have problems keeping weight on them.  this is the recipe i saw

10# hamburger meat
1 jar wheat germ
1 lg box of oatmeal (uncooked)
1 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
10 eggs
10 sm pkgs unflavored gelatin
1 1/4 Cup unflavored molasses
A pinch of salt
1 lg box Total cereal (2lb's)
(You may also add a pinch of garlic powder to add flavor)

my questions are, it says to feed raw?  meat, and eggs?  is this safe, with all the contaminants (e-coli, etc) that have been popping up?  also, i don't buy a few of the items listed, can i buy wheat germ and molasses at walmart?  thanks!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 01:03:32 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: satin ball question
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 02:06:40 am »
thanks!  hubby was worried that it may cause problems because of bacteria, but i want to try it, because he still looks so skinny.  i wasn't sure though because i didn't want to put his belly into shock b/c it is so rich, like you said.  i think i'm going to try it, just cut the recipe in half for now, so i don't make so much and them end up not being able to handle it!  diesel loves people food more than anything, which i think is mostly why he is staying so thin still.  maybe this will help! 
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]