Author Topic: LUCKY ME I WILL BE PUPPY SITTING FOR MIL  (Read 10027 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
LUCKY ME I WILL BE PUPPY SITTING FOR MIL
« on: June 28, 2005, 05:41:33 pm »
So I have been doing like almost 100 hours the last week for rescue, had a party for Jennifer with everything homemade. Dealing with a teenage daughter, a teenage dog and Zeus who still hates everyone except Buffy. A husband who is well.... lets not go there.

And to make my life just a liiiiittle bit easier my MIL is dropping off her dobie and her four puppies here tomorrow, I will be babysitting them for a week when they go to mass. that means 9 dogs, 1 cat, 2 degus, 1 parrot, 3 children, 1 husband, rescuework, cleaning, cooking, laundry and Chris birthday is tomorrow so I have to have another party.

Ladies if you have some energy to share, you know where to send it. I am getting tired just thinking of it. the puppies are 9 weeks, galahad is 17 so it should be a blast, they are not the least potty trained and cant walk on a leash, hahahahahahaha I am going to have such a grand time.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

Re: LUCKY ME I WILL BE PUPPY SITTING FOR MIL
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 07:31:15 pm »
LOL....my words of comfort are that im cracking up at you!   hehe

sorry marit! 

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 12:53:57 am »
Thank you girls, Tina that is a great idea lol...... And nicker thanks soooooo much, big help hahaha.

But I am at that point myself, I am up and it is almost 3 am, just done with the last bit of paper work for a rescue I had, have been trying to clean up face glitter that Galahad stole from Jennifer and big and spread over the couch. Hubby is of course sleeping since he had such a horribly hard evening playing pool with friends. He actually came home, said "ohhhhh darling my feet are really hurting, could you rub them for me" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA did he smoke something there. He knows how my week has been.

So either I can cry or I can LMAO and the latter is just much more fun. AND it is kinda amusing to see the rest of the family looking worried when I crack up for apparently no reason, I am sure they think "now she has finally lost it"

Marit

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 09:19:37 am »
Puppies are awesome & remember, you can do anything for a week! :)  Try to enjoy them & relax this week on the housework & anything you can let slide!...I've been doing that all summer & it's kinda nice! ;D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 10:16:47 am »
If it makes you feel any better, I'm dog sitting this week too. We're watching my boyfriend's parents dog Boo for a few days. The problem is that Boo hates Zoey (they used to be friends, but now that she is as big as him he wants absolutely nothing to do with her). He wants to leave so bad that he has been sitting at the front door since he got here.
RIP former BPO

GR8DAME

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 10:31:05 am »
I feel for you, Marit. I am on the opposite side right now, as on Friday we leave for a weeks vacation and my Mom is staying at my house  watching my three furkids...and the fish, and cleaning and washing everything in sight. LOL Please don't hate me...I know I am a spoiled, lucky lucky girl.
Stella

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 10:05:50 pm »
East Jen, psychotic giggling is what I have been doing all day. Well that and having that wild crazed look in my eyes. The four dobie pups have never been in mils house!!!! Sooooo thanks a bunch for sending them to me, where all the dogs are indoors and not in a garage in a puppybox with cedar shaving. I swear during the last year I have not been in and out of that front door as I have today alone. And the puppies have never wore a collar and never been on a leash hahahahahahaha ha I am having a ball. AND they pee 10 times per 5 min. times that by 4 and I am pretty much spending my day on all fours trying to save what can be saved. They have pulled the leaves off my fern (the one that was still alive after Galahads raid) they tipped over a big urn I have with flowers and well the flowers are kinda sorta in need of recovery. They apperently have never had a food bowl each, so when I did what I have always done with puppies that age, gave them one each, they went totally mad and ran around like crazy dogs stepping all in it and after a couple of mins. my whole kitchen was full of dog food. The water dish has been tipped over so many times I have lost count all I know is that every single time I enter the kitchen it looks like there is a gallon of water on the floor. I have been carrying them out so they can go potty, but I dont think she has them outside much at all (if any) because they get real confused when out and sit there and shake I am doing the silly thing with voice and all and trying to make them loosen up a bit, but nooooooo 30 sec after we come in they go pee and poo on my floor.

I love Galahad, he has been a trooper, they stormed into our house, they climb on him, they take his toys, they dont let him sleep when he wants, they scream bloody murder when he wants to play with them, and he is just sitting there holding his head up high and looks like it is way beneath him to bother with such small and squeeky things, he did try to play tug of war with one of them, hahahaha the poor dobie hung on for dear life and galahad took off with the rope I had to check the puppys belly to make sure it didnt have carpet burns lol......

I am going crazy You all will have to visit me on 8th floor at the hospital, when I start behaving in such a way so they figure I am better off locked up hehe. And now I only have 7 more days to go.

Marit

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 06:33:03 pm »
How are you making out Marit?  I bet they are cute babies, or do you not think they are cute anymore....lol

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 01:05:44 am »
hehe well yeah, they are cute, but totally anti social. NOT their fault, but they drive me crazy lol

Marit

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 04:24:21 pm »
Marit, Did u have a hard time parting with the pups...... .... ...lol