Author Topic: I really want to adopt him - whadda ya think?  (Read 3713 times)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
I really want to adopt him - whadda ya think?
« on: November 20, 2006, 04:25:57 pm »
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7233875

Any idea how I can get them to adopt to me from out of state?

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: I really want to adopt him - whadda ya think?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 10:03:36 pm »
I sent an email - left out the part that I live in Vegas.  I am hoping I can win them over with my stunning personality ;D

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 10:16:46 pm »
No offense, but please don't expect them to make an exception for you. When a rescue says clearly "no out of state adoptions" they usually mean it, and you would be amazed at how many people still inquire about the dogs and send emails every day asking to be the exception. I used to answer these emails for a Dane rescue and to be honest it is very frustrating. :( It takes hours to write everyone back every night.

I DO hope you find a wonderful dog to adopt who is closer to you or comes from a rescue who does out-of-state adoptions!!!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 10:31:18 am »
No Offense taken, but I really wish they could ease off the rule.  I would go up and get him - no problem and we have a Dane rescue that will come out and do home inspections. Oh well - maybe one will pop up around here.  Although he is such a cutie!!!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 07:33:41 am »
No Offense taken, but I really wish they could ease off the rule.  I would go up and get him - no problem and we have a Dane rescue that will come out and do home inspections. Oh well - maybe one will pop up around here.  Although he is such a cutie!!!

Maybe the answer is to go through your local rescue and get all set up to adopt, then if he's still available, maybe the rescue folks can swap notes and either accept or deny.  I know with our local Pyr group, most available dogs never get listed on the web.  They have enough waiting homes that dogs are usually matched as they come in.  Another option would be to foster and perhaps meet your soul mate that way ;)  There are a lot of ways to meet the dog of your dreams.
Daphne

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 09:54:23 am »
That is a really great idea.  I already started the App for our dane rescue here in Vegas.