Author Topic: "tea cup" dane?  (Read 4270 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
"tea cup" dane?
« on: November 24, 2006, 06:32:59 am »
what does everyone think?  do you think she's full blooded or maybe mixed with something smaller?  or maybe since she was only born in april of '06 maybe the shelter workers don't know much about danes?

Heather is a beautiful Merle, tea cup Dane with natural ears. She was born on 4-26-06. She is smart and confident. She is totally puppy and gets into her share of mischief. She is crate trained. She is going to be a very small Great Dane. So if you love the breed but are wanting a small dane, she is the girl that will steal your heart. She will only be 40-50 lbs as an adult. Please visit our website for more information on how we settle for nothing less then perfect matches for YOU and our dogs! www.allaboutth em.moonfruit.c om We will help you find your heart dog!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7162255
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: "tea cup" dane?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 09:56:00 pm »
Maybe they just really want to get her adopted and they thought someone would like the idea of a smaller dane? Some Danes are just small, due to genetics or whatever, but as far as I know, no one is breeding "tea cup danes" on purpose. Also, it might be the weird sense of humor of whoever posted her up for adoption. You never know!! She does look all Dane to me. ;D

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 10:36:37 pm »
She looks like a Dane to me. They say in the post she will grow to be 40-50 lbs but to me in the photos she already looks around that weight.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 11:14:28 pm »
I don't care what she is - she's adorable!! I want her!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 11:28:29 pm »
She is very cute - looks very danish - though I don't see the hanging lips.  Maybe a cross between a dane and a greyhound - something like thaT.  There are a lot of dogs listed on petfinder that are listed as great dane but when you look at them your just not quite sure who is making that decision.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 12:36:52 am »
i thought maybe they just didn't know much about danes, and thought they only grow to one, maybe??  thanks for everyone's input!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 06:21:29 am »
i thought maybe they just didn't know much about danes, and thought they only grow to one, maybe??  thanks for everyone's input!

Hehe... funny you should say that. When I adopted Connor they definitely knew nothing about Great Danes. They told me he was a year old and that he was a small Dane, weighing only about 85 pounds, measuring 29 inches or so. Well. Now he weighs at least 125 or more, and measures in at 34 inches! And I KNOW he's not done growing!!! I think he must have been about 6 or 7 months when I adopted him.  :D :D :D

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 07:33:18 am »
ha ha i love it when people do that stuff.  axle was supposed to be "no more than" 75 lbs... yeah... more like twice that!  he usually runs 130-150 (depending on season and finickiness level he's at) and 32" at shoulder...  not sure what happened with that!  maybe it was the eukanuba??   ::)
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)