Author Topic: Here is Polar he is looking for a new home -  (Read 11324 times)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Here is Polar he is looking for a new home -
« on: November 24, 2006, 11:11:26 am »
I want him - isn't he cute.  I found him on craigs list he is in Portland.  I actually happen to be going up there in a couple of weeks on family business.  He is a cutie - and deaf

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Here is Polar he is looking for a new home -
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 11:36:39 am »
Oh, he is cute! Look at that face. :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 11:28:33 pm by macybean »

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 12:02:09 pm »
I am hoping they will let me adopt him from out of state

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 12:36:38 am »
He really is a cutie!  Good luck!
Daphne

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 12:41:35 am »
i'm so jealous!  he's so very pretty! 
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 08:04:04 am »
I want him - isn't he cute.  I found him on craigs list he is in Portland.  I actually happen to be going up there in a couple of weeks on family business.  He is a cutie - and deaf

Which Portland?  I live just 20 minutes west of Portland, OR and could help with fostering until you pick up... I have deaf danes. ;D
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 08:11:54 am »
Oh I am in love with him!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 12:27:04 pm »

Which Portland?  I live just 20 minutes west of Portland, OR and could help with fostering until you pick up... I have deaf danes. ;D
That would be awesome.  I spoke with the owner today.  He is 8 mos old and weighs 112lbs.  he is a big boy.  He is good with kids, dogs, cats etc.  She was the breeder for his litter and had to take him back after the couple started going through a divorce.  He spent to much time in a too small crate and had a bald spot on his back.  He also was given puppy chow and when the breeder got him back his joints were swollen and tender.  The vet told her that she got him back in time andhe didn't think there would be any long term damage to his joints.  He just got neutered. Oh and the breeder is due to have her baby on Dec 9th and would like to have a home for him before then.  She has someone coming to look at him tomorrow - if it doesn't go well then she will call me and we will make arrangements.  I plan on going up in the next couple of weeks to settle some business in Long Beach (it's where my Grandmother's house is).  So if she lets me have him then if you could foster him that would be awesome.

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 07:35:44 pm »

That would be awesome.  I spoke with the owner today.  He is 8 mos old and weighs 112lbs.  he is a big boy.  He is good with kids, dogs, cats etc.  She was the breeder for his litter and had to take him back after the couple started going through a divorce.  He spent to much time in a too small crate and had a bald spot on his back.  He also was given puppy chow and when the breeder got him back his joints were swollen and tender.  The vet told her that she got him back in time andhe didn't think there would be any long term damage to his joints.  He just got neutered. Oh and the breeder is due to have her baby on Dec 9th and would like to have a home for him before then.  She has someone coming to look at him tomorrow - if it doesn't go well then she will call me and we will make arrangements.  I plan on going up in the next couple of weeks to settle some business in Long Beach (it's where my Grandmother's house is).  So if she lets me have him then if you could foster him that would be awesome.

No problem.  Let me know how it goes and we'll PM the arrangements, etc.  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 03:28:30 am »
Looks like Polar maybe coming home with me!!!!!  Just trying to make final plans.  Looks like so far so good!

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 03:32:19 am »
Looks like Polar maybe coming home with me!!!!!  Just trying to make final plans.  Looks like so far so good!

Awesome!  Do you still need me to pick up and foster??!
I can take pics for updates, etc.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 03:33:46 am by specialkdanemom »

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 03:40:29 am »
I will know more tomorrow as far as when I can get off of work.  So I will let you know what the plans are

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 03:46:52 am »
I will know more tomorrow as far as when I can get off of work.  So I will let you know what the plans are

;DJust let me know when and where to pick him up or if they want to bring him here or meet... I can do that anytime on Sundays or after 5pm on weekdays.  We feed Solid Gold Holistic here, but if you want to start him on a particular brand and if I can get it around here, I can do that too.  ;D ;D ;D 
YEA!!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Anakalia

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 10:30:10 pm »
Awwww he's absolutely adorable!!!  Good luck!  ;D

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 11:27:46 pm »
Wow.  I just read this thread and I don't know who I'm more excited for.  Polar or Willow's owner???  Either way, I'm so happy for you both and I'm dying to see how this all plays out.  Good luck and what a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!!
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.