Author Topic: Here is Polar he is looking for a new home -  (Read 11319 times)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: Here is Polar he is looking for a new home -
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 04:09:16 am »
I know - I am really excited.  I should have him by next week.  Just trying to make the travel plans.  Guess we won't be flying - lol since he weighs 112 lbs

Kirsti

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 04:22:08 am »
Awwwh! He is such a cutie!!! Thats awesome your getting him.  ;D

~K

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 05:09:08 am »
I know - I am really excited.  I should have him by next week.  Just trying to make the travel plans.  Guess we won't be flying - lol since he weighs 112 lbs

OMG so you are for sure getting Polar?  THAT TOTALLY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!  Congratulation s and I can't wait till he makes it home.  Hey and I'm sure Willow will be glad she's not the odd dane out now and happy to have another brother more her size.   ;)  I'm sure though that Gunner and Irie has never made her feel left out.   :D :D :D
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 10:16:32 am »
Well it looks that way.  I just emailed my travel plans to the owner and hopefully it is ok for her.  I know she wanted to find him a home as soon as possible.  But so far so good.  I won't believe it till I actually have him packed up in the car.  My son is going to go with me so he can share the driving time - it's about a 17 hr drive.  But he is a cutie and well worth it.  I am in the process of finding Gunner a new home.  He is just not happy with the addition of Willow and my nephew, Sebastian.  He is growling and snapping all of the time and I am afraid he is going to get hurt.  He needs to be a little old lady dog.  Someone who can just pet him and love him all day.  A friend of mine just lost her pom to a bee sting and has been crushed.  I am going to take him over to her this week and see how they get along.  If they hit it off then he will have a new home.  And I will be able to visit all of the time.  It does make me sad though. 

I hope Willow will behave herself.  She is so spoiled but she does want to play and she really has noone here that can handle her type of play.  Irie will be fine.  She goes all of the time in a dog purse with me.  And she loves it. 

We are all just so excited here - I hope it all goes s planned!!!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 11:14:34 am »
Just got off the phone with the owner - He is definately ours!!!!!  Yea!!!!!  I will be picking him up on the 9th

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 11:16:57 am »
Exciting news! You will have to post pics when you get him :)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 10:21:22 pm »
That's awesome.  Congratulation s.  Hey, and good luck with Gunner.  I've got my fingers crossed for the friend who lost her Pom to a bee.  I'm very sad for her btw...  But hopefully everyone will find the person and dog they are suppose to be with very soon.   ;D 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 11:12:17 pm »
So far so good - My friend comes back into town today and maybe Wednesday or Thursday I will bring Gun Gun over to see if it is a match.  I hope so - Also crossing my fingers that Willow will behave herself when she meets her new Big Little Brother.

We are so excited about Polar!!  I will take tons of pictures to post.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 10:09:24 am »
Oh wow! That is all just WAY TOO EXCITING!!!! I'm so happy for you! Yes! Take lots of pics! Tell us everything!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 02:56:23 pm »
I wish we could - it is just so stressfull.  It has been about a year and a half and it is not better.  I am worried that oneday Gunner is going to do his lunging, snapping, snarling, bad a%$ dog routine and get flung across the room again.  I know - I feel bad.

Offline FumbsAuntie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 06:24:59 pm »
Oh he's beautiful! Keep us posted! Please!!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 07:08:38 pm »
Good luck!  Keep us posted!  And, post tons of photos of that adorable "little" guy! :)

Kirsti

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 02:23:58 am »
Oh wow! Congrats aboout Polar what a cute pup, more pictures will deffinitly be needed!! Thats really sad about Gunther, hope all go's well with him!

~K