Author Topic: Paw pad Injury & Recovery  (Read 4262 times)

Offline Kaiko

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Paw pad Injury & Recovery
« on: November 25, 2006, 06:21:28 pm »
Hi Guys,

My little husky Mika injured her paw pad the other day on one of her frantic 100mph runs around the woods where we go. She seems to have stood on a sharp object and it has sheared a slice of her pad. Now she does limp sometimes but does not wimper and I took her out this morning for a little while mainly on grass to check it out and whilst she was fine, when I inspected her pad, it had worn a little hole and was slighlty bleeding, although she was fine!

What should I do here; should I keep her from running about for a few days/ week or so until this heals as my worry is that it may get furtherd damaged by her running around.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig.

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Paw pad Injury & Recovery
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 05:21:59 am »
I agree that you should probably visit the Vet. Injuries on paws/pads lead to infections, so it's best to get them on an Antibiotic.

Don't fret though, Apollo was a complete dingle when he was a pup, and completely tore off the top of one pad while running around the block.

I will warn you though....they're probably going to recommend a couple of days *rest* (yeah....right!) and to avoid going outside if at all possible....
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA