Author Topic: Poor Gracie has an upset stomach.  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Poor Gracie has an upset stomach.
« on: November 26, 2006, 10:58:12 pm »
Hi everyone.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.  I need some help and advice for poor Gracie.  :(  Yesterday we spent the day at my mother’s country house and played with 4 other dogs.  What a blast.  Well, here is the problem.  My mothers dog, Baby, is a free fed and always has a bowl out full of food.  Not that great of a food at that.  Well when I noticed that Gracie did not run back from around the house (Gracie like to have all the dogs chase her) I went to investigate only to find her chowing down on her Aunt Baby's kibble.  Well I picked up the food and had Gracie sit out play time for about an hour as I was worried that too much excitement would make her very sick as I didn't know how much food she actually ate.   Knowing she ate this food I held back her dinner and she hasn't had any breakfast either as she has really bad loose stool.  I was wondering how long she should fast (and if that is what I should be doing) and if there is something else I can do for her to make her more comfortable?
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Poor Gracie has an upset stomach.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 01:59:22 am »
Thank you all so much.  I think the worse of it is over cause I just got back from checking on her.  Since she's a baby I go home on my lunch hour to walk her and feed her lunch but of course I didn't feed the poor girl cause I really am worried it may add fuel to the fire if you know what I mean. Her stool was nowhere near as bad as it was this morning and there was not as much either.  I think it is pretty much almost all out.  I don't want to feed her while I'm not with her as I would just die if she had an accident in her crate and had to sit in that while I was at the office.  I did pick up some pumpkin and I'll feed that to her with a small amount of her food as well.  This is great advice and I'll definately keep pumpkin on hand all the time.  Thanks you all again so much.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.