Author Topic: HELLLLP !!!!! nipping my knees  (Read 4519 times)

Offline MRSL

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
HELLLLP !!!!! nipping my knees
« on: November 29, 2006, 11:44:13 pm »
Hi all

I have a male 14wk old mal. Now he's a wee gem and I love him to bits.. Only I have one tiny prob . He wont stop nipping mt knees. He only does this when he wants attention or when he's had a telling off. I've tried to squeel and say no !! and turn my back but the more I squeel the more he does it.  Has anyone got any ideas ? my inside thighs are getting it bigtime and they are starting to look like a Dalmations   due to the wee brusies left by my loving lad. 

Thanks
Annie

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: HELLLLP !!!!! nipping my knees
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 12:38:34 am »
carry a water bottle with ice water in it, when he does it squirt him in the face, but be careful NOT to give him attention (don't say his name, no is ok, but the name is seen as positive) when you do this.  if it's the attention he wants, this will teach him not to do the nipping, and then just make him sit stay before you give him any attention at any time.  good luck with that!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline MRSL

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 04:45:16 am »
 ;) Ok I'll give it a go .. sounds like a good idea let you know how it goes.

Cheers
Annie

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 08:43:03 am »
I use to get nipped in the butt by tonka, the old water bottle does the trick or roll up some paper and pop it against the wall and say no.