Author Topic: Snow day (more like minute) with Roxie  (Read 12775 times)

Offline TannerW

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Roxie
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
Snow day (more like minute) with Roxie
« on: November 30, 2006, 10:40:13 pm »
Snow only comes a few times a year around here, and Roxie always gets excited - until she ventures off of the front porch and slides her skinny little bones deep into the cold white stuff.  Sadness inevitably ensues...

"Help me, I'm frozen."

"Can we go back inside now?"

"Please?"

"I don't care if we've only been out here for 45 seconds."

"Finally!"

Hehe...  Might try and get some more shots in the FIRST 15 seconds, if we go out again today.

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Snow day (more like minute) with Roxie
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 10:47:24 pm »
Oh my goodness Roxie is way too cute, very mean of you to make her stay outside ~ very mean ~ just so you can get some very cute pics ~ torture I'm sure  ;D ;) My old no coat(Coonhound) would make the same face she hated the snow and cold, does Roxie come in and park her butt by a heater, or chatter her teeth? I'll trade you some of our never ending RAIN and MUD for some crisp clean snow.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline TannerW

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Roxie
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 10:54:55 pm »
She came in and acted like it was nothing; then barked at me until I fed her, as she always does.  Outside, though, she was shaking like a leaf.  Maybe the "sad, pathetic" look was just a ploy to get me back inside to feed her. ;)

I just wish I could've captured the first moment that she went barreling out into the snow, when she obviously still thought the idea would be "fun".  Her expression changed before I could even get my camera turned on.

P.S. I'll trade your rain and mud for our tornadoes and humidity (and, rarely, snow) any day of the week.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:08:21 pm by TannerW »

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 11:01:32 pm »
oh my Roxie is just too cute!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 12:06:45 am »
Roxie is too cute!  You're in Oklahoma too!  We're in the northeastern part of the state and got a little snow...about 3 inches or so.   :)

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 12:09:05 am »
Very cute pics!  Roxie is very, pretty. Good thing you don't get too much snow if she isn't a huge fan of it.  Keep on posting pics of your pupper.

Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ

Offline TannerW

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Roxie
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 12:53:20 am »
I'm surprised you didn't get more snow, Jess.  I'm in south Tulsa and I got 6" throughout (not including the bottom layer of ice) - with as much as 28" on the snow drifts.

Pitas - Roxie's gonna have to find a way deal with it. ;) The temperature's not supposed to get above freezing until Monday, so the snow's here for at least the length of the weekend.

Jack's mom - I wish I had video, because the pictures really don't do it justice.  She did the snow dance for about 10 seconds; then firmly planted her butt on the ground (just in time for me to get my camera on).  From that point on, there was absolutely nothing I could do or say to get her to move away from the house.

Thanks for the compliments, all.  I'll treat Roxie to some extra time outside. ;D

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 02:11:16 am »
awww Roxie is way too cute.....her pictures made me chuckle.  Roxie has such a sweet face :)

Right now we just have mud and more mud -snow is suppose to be on the way...ugh. This will be Rosie first winter. I can't wait to see what see does ::)

Offline TannerW

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Roxie
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 03:06:01 am »
Roxie would love Hawaii just as much as I would.  During warm weather, she wants to be outside the entire day.  Add snow into the picture, and she's instantly miserable. 

Aside from being a short-haired dog, I guess her paws are just extra sensitive to the white stuff.  I'm getting ready to take her back out in it though. 

Look for more sad pictures soon. :P

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 04:20:07 am »
Aww Roxie acts the same as my Maggie! ;D
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline TannerW

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Roxie
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 05:15:51 am »
Sorry DaneInsaneLiz, but you might want to look away.  More jealousy ahead. ;)

Roxie was smarter this time and kept to the melted areas at first.

...did the infamous snow dance for a little while...

...and then she went absolutely spastic.

She really nutted out after this, running head first into a 2' snow drift, but unfortunately my memory card was filled since I'd forgotten to empty it earlier this morning. 

Oh well, there's always tomorrow. :)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 05:25:07 am by TannerW »

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 11:45:48 am »
Those are great pictures!! She is such a beautiful irl  :) I cant get ovr all that snow though :o Living in S texas barely any snow is a lot to me LOL

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 10:45:51 pm »
Those are so funny.  What a total goof ball.  The first shots were great and the second bunch are AWESOME.  I'm in Houston so we never get snow.  I do wonder though how Gracie would act in the snow. 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline TannerW

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Roxie
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 12:51:20 am »
Roxie's a doberman, which is why I posted this in the 'Doberman Pictures' forum. ;D Hehe. 

And thanks for the compliments.  I'll pass it on in the way of a treat.

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 02:39:08 am »
Oh My Goodness what a change from the first set of pics to the second ;D I love the last pic of the second group with her crazy wild wind blown ears ~ she looks awesome and having sooo much fun this time.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)