Author Topic: Transport, sorta... new wheels  (Read 6912 times)

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
Transport, sorta... new wheels
« on: December 01, 2006, 04:55:25 am »
Thought y'all might like to see what I have been doing in my spare time these past few weeks.  The theory behind it is, with my girl having seizures, but loving our nature walks, and her weight, which is almost up to 200 lbs already, I needed a usable solution.   I set to work building her a wagon to ride in if she happened to have a seizure while we were out somewhere, so I would still be able to get her home.   I figured out what I might like to have on hand during these hikes, and what would just make life easier in general if we took the dogs out somewhere to an event or whatever, and this is what I came up with.  Note that the pictures do not include the quilted mat I made to fit the bed of the wagon, and the bumper pads made for around all the sides.  One side will be easily removable, and fit back in place easily, for ease of loading/unloading.  So anyway, here it is...[/b]

« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 05:45:45 am by Imani's Mom »

Weedsport, NY

Icerotti

Re: Transport, sorta... new wheels
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 04:58:34 am »
That looks fantastic.  I wouldn't be surprised if people want you to start making them custom orders ;)
   You should put the BPO website on it for advertising... hehehhe ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 04:59:00 am by Icerotti »

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 04:58:41 am »
That's an awesome wagon and idea!  I'm sorry to hear that one of your girls is having seizures. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 05:07:43 am »
It's amazing!! I've often wondered what I would do if Cowboy seized while we were out...and I just decided not to think about it!  You have a much better solution.

How often does she seize?  What drugs is she on?

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 05:46:16 am »
Newflvr: she is on potassium bromide daily, with melatonin at bedtime.  So far, she has been on it this will be her third month, and it has really reduced the frequency and severity of her seizures.  In the 3 months before starting the meds, she had 13, I think, and most of those were two at a time.  Seems they always happen when she is most excited, and when we are least prepared, so I thought maybe if I *WAS* prepared, she wouldn't have any.  Lately though, we have warning up to 24 hours in advance, thanks to her "alert dog" Jesse.

Weedsport, NY

Kirsti

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 07:03:38 am »
Jesse, that is a great idea about the cart! I like it

~K