Author Topic: Why Not Labs?  (Read 23967 times)

Offline mgcsold

• Ankle Biter
  • Zachary Thomas 1 year old.
    • View Profile
Re: Why Not Labs?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2005, 08:28:56 pm »
I have to agree with you....anybody who knows how to find the AKC standards...sh ould make a list of the dog forums found here....then compare them all....if we have Shepherds, Malamutes, Curley coated Retrievers, Greyhounds, and Aussies on there...then why not Labs....They are very comparable to the above.  If they only want GIANT BREEDS....thos e shouldn't be listed either.....
my dog is my best friend, he listens when no one else will and licks away my tears....you can not lie to your dogs they can see right into your soul, and they will love you no matter what they see there.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2005, 10:38:51 pm »
For the official answer you've been waiting for- click here: http://bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,219.from1112762249/topicseen.html#msg1298
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Jen

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2005, 10:24:12 am »
Thank you.  This proves you read my suggestions.   When people asks for suggestions I always wonder if they actually look into it. I am very happy you took my suggestion to use the AKC starards.  This site is going to be VERY popular!

JEN

For the official answer you've been waiting for- click here: http://bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,219.from1112762249/topicseen.html#msg1298

Jen

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2005, 10:27:14 am »
Oops sorry for the typo- asks should be ask.

Thank you.  This proves you read my suggestions.   When people asks for suggestions I always wonder if they actually look into it. I am very happy you took my suggestion to use the AKC starards.  This site is going to be VERY popular!

JEN

Jen

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2005, 10:49:56 am »
OH OH I have another suggestion!!!  It would be very VERY cool (might be alot of work) but none the less it would be fantastic if next to each breed title there was a little picture of a members dog representing that breed! Oh that would be so fun!  For example: next to Afgan Hound there would be a little picture of Harry, so you can click on Harry to bring you to the picture section for his breed.  Well what do you think?

Jen

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2005, 10:52:05 am »
Oops sorry for another typo-Afgan should be Afghan.  I makes lots of these mistakes please ignore tham.

Jen

OH OH I have another suggestion!!!  It would be very VERY cool (might be alot of work) but none the less it would be fantastic if next to each breed title there was a little picture of a members dog representing that breed! Oh that would be so fun!  For example: next to Afgan Hound there would be a little picture of Harry, so you can click on Harry to bring you to the picture section for his breed.  Well what do you think?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: pregnant lab at LA shelter
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2005, 10:58:21 am »
I am happy to report that the pregnant lab scheduled to be euthanized on Friday is on her way to a no-kill rescue in Houston as I type this.

Thanks to everyone who forwarded the e-mail. Several people responded and that's why she is safe.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Jen

Re: pregnant lab at LA shelter
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2005, 11:05:56 am »
Well I am so HAPPY :D ;D.  This is a great example of how wonderful a group like this one can be. Congradulation s on a job well done!

Jen

I am happy to report that the pregnant lab scheduled to be euthanized on Friday is on her way to a no-kill rescue in Houston as I type this.

Thanks to everyone who forwarded the e-mail. Several people responded and that's why she is safe.

Jeanne

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Louisiana pregnant lab - SAVED!!
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2005, 03:21:27 pm »
Click on this link http://www.houma.com/ to see the story on our local internet news website about the remarkable rescue of Fortune, the pregnant black lab from Houma.  Applause and kisses to all of you who helped with this.  You are my heroes!!

Forever in your debt,

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline snappcook

• Gnawer
  • Otto 8 monts old
    • View Profile
Big Beautiful Labby Boy
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2005, 10:00:46 pm »
This is Otto pure lab, 8 months old, 98 lbs.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 11:38:31 pm by snappcook »

Offline bigdoglover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2005, 06:11:32 am »
i just wanted to say that otto is very handsome! i have a 10 year old female lab and i just love her more than anything, aren't they wonderful dogs?

Offline snappcook

• Gnawer
  • Otto 8 monts old
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2005, 11:14:56 pm »
He sure is.  I wish I had his energy.  He is a challenge at times, but just a great dog, great with the kids except he knocks them down sometimes by accident.  He is the first lab I've had.  I just don't know when he'll stop growing.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2005, 11:36:14 pm »
He is a great big lab...and I knwo how it feels to get knowcked over sccidently too. I am always in the wall or on the gound- especially when I get home from all of Bear's excitement.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Harrigon

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2005, 07:17:48 am »
I wish I could help, but I can't afford to take in another dog. I wanted to just let you know that There is a female pit here in North Carolina who was found dumped on the side of a road with severe injuries from an apparent dog fight. The poor thing has had alot of surgery and they now say that she will have to have a leg amputated. the doctors say that she can be rehabilitated and released to a home with no children. MY heart breaks when I here about animals in need. It seems to me that Dogs and cats are taken for granted here in america. People seem to think that they aren't important enough. I am shocked that they are allowing some states to hunt cats. It turns my stomach, because you know there are idiots out there who will start killing other people's pets and use this "law" as an excuse to do so.