Author Topic: Two of Santa's Hellhounds  (Read 7561 times)

Offline traklover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Two of Santa's Hellhounds
« on: December 07, 2006, 11:54:08 pm »
Here is this year's Santa pic. It is a fund raiser for the local SPCA.

The liver is sixteen month old Magda, and the black is Rica, seven years old.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 12:00:09 am by traklover »

Icerotti

Re: Two of Santa's Hellhounds
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 11:57:46 pm »
Awww That is a cute picture :)

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 12:06:33 am »
OMG!  That is such a good picture!!  They're even smiling! ;D

Kirsti

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 12:58:09 am »
Awww wa too cute!!!

~K

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 10:39:44 am »
Beautiful dogs! Are they curly-coated retrievers? I don't know much about them. Are their personalities similar to labradors' at all?
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline traklover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 07:02:29 pm »
Beautiful dogs! Are they curly-coated retrievers? I don't know much about them. Are their personalities similar to labradors' at all?
Yes you are right, they are Curly Coated Retrievers. Their personalities are similiar to the Lab's and Golden's. They are extremely loving, (even more loving and needy than a Lab, I used to have Labs), very friendly, supposedly aloof with strangers (most aren't, and consider strangers to be friends they just haven't met before). They also tend to be amusing dogs and will seek out things and do things to make you laugh. They are slightly taller dogs than Labs and Goldens. My two girls are about 23" at shoulder and both weigh about 60 lbs. The liver who is still filling out, will probably mature at about 65 lbs.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 05:43:05 am »
That's very interesting! I have always wondered about them but I've never met one. Are they nuts about the water, as their name would imply? Do you hunt with them at all?
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline traklover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 12:39:21 am »
Are they nuts about the water, as their name would imply? Do you hunt with them at all?
The younger one is impossible to keep out of the water, the older one was adopted as a mature dog, and don't believe she was allowed to learn about water. However Rica does enjoy wading in the water, but prefers not to swim. The few other curlies I have met all swim and love the water. I do not hunt, but have started to train Magda for hunt tests, etc. She is very keen to retrieve. The people I usually train with all have Labs and find her incredible. She just puts the Labs to so much shame, she is such a driven dog. I suspect come spring I will have no trouble putting a WC on her. Curlies are very much dual purpose dogs, in that the same dog is expected to show conformation and be in the hunting field the same day. They also excell at agility and flyball.

Offline FumbsAuntie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 08:27:41 pm »
what a cute picture!! :)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 01:32:53 am »
such an adorable pic!