Author Topic: What is the best shampoo to buy for my saint, and how often should I bath him???  (Read 10290 times)

Krista I

Hey everyone, Just wondering If there's a specific shampoo I should buy to wash my saint with, and how often I should use it.  Thanks a lot...  :D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
There is no one best shampoo, but make sure to buy a shampoo from the pet store, and if you are bathing him frequently, then you should get one with a conditioner in it so it doesnt dry out his skin.

How often you bathe him really depends. If he's anything like my saint was as a puppy, you'll be bathing him everyday because he'll get him on his fur  ::)
RIP former BPO

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
im very fond of the Plush Puppy shampoos... if you want to check them out... (and other good shampoos) www.needsndesi res.com i use the all purpose, all natural with hena on zero and Jigsaw... :)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Krista I

Thank you all so much.  You have wonderfull advice as always  ;) 

Offline raygoza6n510

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Copa & adidas
    • View Profile
Please use a Soap Free shampoo!!!! With all soap free shampoo's  you can wash as often as needed! The Soap creates flakes and itchy skin.  I use Plum silky by Nature's Specialties www.naturespec ialties.com  once every 4 weeks and to clean up the little messes I use Earthbath puppy. www.earthbath. com
Remember if you use a topical flea/tick control all shampoo's with soap will wash them off.
One more thing BRUSH well all the time and right before a bath! This helps with less hair all over your arms and down the drain!
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

Krista I

Please use a Soap Free shampoo!!!! With all soap free shampoo's  you can wash as often as needed! The Soap creates flakes and itchy skin.  I use Plum silky by Nature's Specialties www.naturespec ialties.com  once every 4 weeks and to clean up the little messes I use Earthbath puppy. www.earthbath. com
Remember if you use a topical flea/tick control all shampoo's with soap will wash them off.
One more thing BRUSH well all the time and right before a bath! This helps with less hair all over your arms and down the drain!

That is great!!! Thank you so much :D