Author Topic: Week old Spinone puppy  (Read 8070 times)

Offline bonnieblink

• Gnawer
  • QuietWood Mastiffs
    • View Profile
    • QuietWood Mastiffs, Spinoni Italiani and Otterhounds
Week old Spinone puppy
« on: July 03, 2005, 09:17:51 am »
This is a one week old puppy napping.  It will grow up to be brown roan with brown.  Spinoni come in white, white with orange, orange roan, orange roan with orange, white with brown, brown roan, and brown roan with brown.  They never have black on them.  And they are never both orange and brown.
Bonnie Blink
QuietWood Mastiffs, Spinoni Italiani and one silly Otterhound

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Week old Spinone puppy
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 09:54:56 am »
So cute! Do you breed them? Do you have more pictures? Puppy pictures are so precious.
RIP former BPO

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 10:16:56 am »
I need a puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!...lol...We got Samson at 14 weeks old & he was already like 43 lbs...That is SSSSOOOOOOO cute!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 10:35:15 am »
What a precious little baby you have there. Is it yours to keep or just one from a litter you have?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline bonnieblink

• Gnawer
  • QuietWood Mastiffs
    • View Profile
    • QuietWood Mastiffs, Spinoni Italiani and Otterhounds
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 02:40:13 pm »
The puppy is from my second Spinone litter.  I very pleased with the results this far.  The first litter was all a variety of orange as is the dam.  The pup I kept from that first litter is Tira (see the other picture I posted) who has done extremely well in the show ring (8th in the country as of the end of May statistics) and went to Westminster 2 days after her first birthday.

This time I bred to a dominant brown boy and there are nine brown roan with brown puppies.  I plan to keep a boy and girl and am not even close to making my final decision since they all seem so nice to me.  Of course, I'm quite prejudiced!

The pups were pretty much all spoken for before they were even conceived and are definitely all spoken for now.  They really are great dogs.  My love is giant dogs, but I'm getting a bit old and arthritic and was looking for something a tad smaller to haul around and show.  Spinoni have been a good choice.  Although they are sporting dogs, they are calmer than any sporting dog I've ever been around.  They are certainly more active than Mastiffs (my first breed), but they get along absolutely great with the Mastiffs.  They aren't small dogs by any means.  My girls weigh 65-75 pounds and the boys can get to 100 or so.  But to me, that is small compared to my 155 to 230 pound Mastiffs.

I have tons of pictures of course, but it might be easier for you to visit my website to see them.  I could certainly be convniced to post more on this site, but hate to take up toooooo much space!
Bonnie Blink
QuietWood Mastiffs, Spinoni Italiani and one silly Otterhound

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 10:40:25 am »
Hi! You breed spinonies??? Where are you located???
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 10:47:15 am by MustLove Dogs »
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc