Author Topic: New to BPO  (Read 12589 times)

Offline Heffers

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New to BPO
« on: December 23, 2006, 07:13:13 am »
Hi everyone!  I just found this site because it was mentioned in a members Dogster stats. ;D  Right now I've only got my one boston merle great dane, Heffner.  I'm hoping to add another one in a few years once my husband adjusts to the whole size thing! :D  We're on vacation in Beverly Hills for Christmas right now, so I don't have access to all my many files of pictures, but he does have a Dogster site! ;D  http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=300040

We live in Hillsboro, OR and would absolutely LOVE to meet up with some fellow BPOers for some fun big dog rompin'!

Lindsay and Heffner

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: New to BPO
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 12:40:34 pm »
Welcome to Big Paws! I'm Marissa, mom to Zoey an Alaskan Malamute and Dolly a Saint Bernard. Glad to have you and Heffner here! He sure is a handsome Dane!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 06:22:10 am »
Hi and Welcome, I haven't been here all that long as well. Wow what a big handsome boy Heffner is. Hope you find tons oh helpful information on this forum, the members are really awesome.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 08:37:26 am »
Awww welcome your dane is a cutie!!  ;D
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 10:36:11 am »
Welcome to BPO  Lindsay and Heffner! :)
RIP former BPO

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 10:45:34 pm »
Welcome to the most addicting site on the internet ( for those of us with big paws anyways) I have to agree, we will help you with working on the husband part. I am Paige, and there are a lot of bigs here at the house. Permanently there are now 2 Great Danes ( a third is going to his forever home today) 3 Great Pyrenees, a Newfie mix and some littles, including a malnourished, messed up little shepherd that we just rescued.
I am looking forward to seeing more pics of Heffner and I have to agree- what a great name for a Great Dane.

Offline Heffers

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 12:58:45 am »
This is great!!  I've got a whole bunch of people to help me subvert my husband!! ;D  I've been very slowly working on him, but any hints and tips would be great!!  Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone!

Lindsay

chaosndestruction

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 08:28:04 pm »
Hi!!!! I'm so glad you came and checked out bpo! I'm Bri...my puppers is Keela (i'm guessing it was my dogster you got the link off of ;))

I hope you enjoy this site!!! There are lots of great people and lots of great dogs on here!!! And everyone is sooo friendly!

Offline fila4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 09:39:58 pm »
Welcome!!!

You addicted already and you don't even know it!!!!

I am Tammy mommy to Kellin-2 legged dd 3yrso, Chynna and Bo-4 legged APBT and Husky mix!

Hope you are having a wonderful Holiday!
Tammy
Chynna-APBT 8 1/2 yrs
Bo-Husky mix 11 1/2 yrs
Gracie-Argentine Dogo 10yrs
Dutchess-Eng. Springer RIP
Jordan-Eng. Springer RIP
Icca-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Jezzabelle-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Paco-Argentine Dogo RIP
Falcon-Argentine Dogo RIP

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 09:57:17 pm »
Yaaaayyyyy! Welcome to the most addictive site ever! You will love it here!

That Heffner (great name by the way!) is one handsome guy!

My name is Rachel and I live in a house of seven dogs... I am the proud mama of Blu (hound mix)and Ellie (dobie/pit, I am 1/2 proud mama of Riley the wonder weim (he is the house dog). And I am the proud Auntie of my roomie's three chihuahuas and yellow lab.  Needless to say there is never a dull moment where I live!  ;D

Again, welcome... looking forward to seeing TONS of  Heffner pics!

lorim2

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 10:53:11 pm »
Hey there...This is a great site.  You will love it here. 

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2006, 11:47:59 pm »
Welcome to you and Heffner!!  BPO is a great place to be - I have met so many lovely people and so many great dogs, friends are here for advise, cheering up and pictures, lots and lots of pictures.

I am owned by Harley one of the smaller big paws on the forum he is about 70 pounds and a flat coated retriever.  He is a goofy, friendly, naughty boy who I just adore.  I have been after my hubby for another dog for quite some time and I'm not getting anywhere - I wish you better luck.

Well I hope you enjoy BPO and all it has to offer.

Randy & Harley