Author Topic: what made you choose?  (Read 21909 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: what made you choose?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 07:57:00 am »
i got axle because i have always loved big dogs, and was never allowed to get one.  when i got married, i knew my hubby would be gone a lot, because he is in the army.  the first year i was married i lived with my mom, and then i moved back and forth between NC and MS the whole time i was pregnant with my first son.  i got really lonely when i was in NC and was desperate for company, so in between all the moving back and forth i got axle, who is only 4 months older than my oldest son!  he has gone through 3 of my husbands deployments, lived in 3 states with us, helped raise 2 kids, and has driven over 250,000 miles with me.  he has made me fall in love with big dogs for life!  i do have to say though, that i didn't do any research before i got him, i went to look at puppies to get an idea what i wanted, and when i saw him i just couldn't say no. i guess it's a good thing i didn't research the breed though, because i raised him just like every other dog i've ever had, and he's so passive, nothing and nobody phases him, not dog, cat, or people.  since i've had him, we've gone everywhere together, we've only been seperated 6 days, 3 days at a time, when i was in the hosp after i had my sons, and boy he didn't like it!  he is the most devoted dog i've ever met!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline ReesKujo

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: what made you choose?
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 12:09:49 pm »
I chose them for several reasons.Their undying loyalty,their need to be with their family,the extreme love they always give,their protectiveness and yes of course their never ending beauty!