Author Topic: i can't take anymore!  (Read 6197 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
i can't take anymore!
« on: January 02, 2007, 07:49:35 pm »
i'm officially at my max capacity for dogs, and i CANNOT / "will" not go over.  last minute adoption for a little girl who's owner was moving.  we heard about her this morning, and here she is.  she looks and acts almost EXACTLY like diesel, how could we say no?  her name is scout, that's gotta go, any suggestions?  she's 8 months old, purebred, no papers.  big sweety, a definitely snuggler and leaner!  she tried to ride in my LAP on the way home, which didn't work ha ha.  can you tell which ones is scout and which one is diesel??  diesel has a blue collar and scout has a black for the moment. 
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: i can't take anymore!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 07:55:56 pm »
Bless you for taking her! She'll fit in great with your crew! And she does look just like her new Dane brother. Names? Hmmm. She kind of looks like a "Sissy" to me (don't mean that in a bad way! I mean the name!). But let the others come up with some names. I am sooo unoriginal. Congrats on your new girl!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 07:59:26 pm »
it's really ironic how much they act / look alike.  she came from tennessee, hmmmmmmm, maybe they are related?  who knows.  this is her 7th home, although i can't figure out why, she's a complete angel!  apparently, she went breeder, home, rescue, home with the guy i got her from, another home, back to the guy i got her from, and now me.  poor baby.  the only thing i can come up with is that the ppl didn't know what she would be like!  the guy said she'd jump on me, but nothing yet, she just came up to me, nudged me and leaned.  it was so great, i had to remind myself it wasn't diesel!  axle didn't realize even at petsmart, until we got home and he saw TWO "diesels" ha ha.  she really is a joy so far, she especially loves me boys!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 08:04:25 pm »
i'm not sure about sissy, she's actually really pushy ha ha, not to mention that's my sisters nick name.  axle tried to bully her away from the food, and she shoved right back ha ha.  it was really funny!  she's been on bil jac large breed food.  does anyone know anything about it?  it REALLY stinks, and is in a pellet form.  the main ingredient is Chicken By Products (Organs Only, Including Chicken Liver), Chicken.

http://www.biljac.com/store/products/DSelL.asp
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 08:06:46 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 08:09:51 pm »
she's REALLY friendly and outgoing, we went to petsmart on the way home to get her dog food, she ran circles around me and axle she was so excited, she wanted to greet everyone!  she was great though, and didn't even have a little accident, and only pulled a little here and there, but never hard!  she loves dog parks (apparently) and people, dogs, but likes to chase cats sometimes.  her favorite people though are KIDS!  they give her yummy treats ha ha.  she isn't much of a talker,  so far, more of a "hey pet me!" leaner / nudger.  just like diesel!  me and hubby were wondering if ALL danes act like they do, or if it is just a fluke.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 08:10:27 pm »
Awwww - isnt she a lovely looking lady? Thank you for being her rescuer- she is a great looking girl and sounds like an angel. The rescued dogs seem to know when they have finally made it home and they are the most wonderful dogs ever. Congrats

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 08:13:48 pm »
Does she bounce when she's excited?  ;) Like a Kangaroo? What about Kanga or Roo?  :D So great, I know. Or Rabbit! Or Frogger! Or Ribbit! (okay, someone stop me! I've cracked!)
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 08:14:38 pm »
the guy said she jumps, but we haven't seen it at all.  she's really quiet, and calm. 
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 08:22:12 pm »
Oh my word, she is GORGEOUS!!!!! :o Lucky her and lucky you!!! I can't fathom how a dog can go through that many homes. I cannot wait until I am in a bigger house and can rescue more dogs! :D

I don't have any idea on a name, sorry! You will know when you find the right one!!! :D

YAY FOR RESCUING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline gypsymom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 08:27:12 pm »
Oh she's gorgeous! How about Ditto because she looks so much like Diesel!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 08:32:00 pm »
ha ha, such a good idea!  i'll have to see if she likes it!  i also wanted to throw out the question, is it common for their eye lids to sag?  it looks almost like cherry eye, but not quite, because there's no bulging.  just a good bit of saggage.  also, her toes are crunched up all the time, but her nails are cut short, so that isn't the problem...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 08:34:14 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 08:38:43 pm »
She is such a beautiful girl! Grey has saggy eyes too, the vet says its nothing. Here is a pic of his eyes.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 09:00:57 pm »
here's a picture of her's.  they aren't really pronounced unless you're in front of her looking down.  i sure am glad to know it's nothing!  the guy said it was ok, but just wanted to be sure!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 09:01:59 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 09:15:54 pm »
Grey's eyes gets all saggy when he is really sleepy or tired, so prety much all the time LOL. I know there is something else, not cherry eye, but I cant think of the name of it. But the vet told us that Grey didnt have anything wrong with his eyes, he just had doppey eyes. Im sure some one that knows more can give you better advice on her eyes LOL She is a beautiful girl though

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 09:18:57 pm »
OMG she is SO beautiful! and yes, identical to Diesel... wow. Darcy suggests the name Nitrous Oxide (aka Nos). to go with Diesel... lol. cuz i thought that something that went with the name Diesel would be cute ;) anyways. SHES awesome. congrats.
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~