Author Topic: Grrrrr people!!!!  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Grrrrr people!!!!
« on: January 09, 2007, 06:54:38 am »
My neighbors have this beautiful Aussie that they keep outside all day long during the day and stays outside if they go on vacation >:( Well this past weekend they adopted a puppy for the pound [yeah for that] But this little 7 wk old puppy is also outside all day long while they are at work!!! And she asked us how long it takes to house break a puppy and my husband told her it all depends some times it can take a long time and sometimes not. My neighbor replied with "If it takes 3 months he is going back to the pound" >:( My husband and I were talking and were like if that poor puppy is outside all day long its going to take a lot longer to housebreak him! And their reason to get a puppy is that their Aussie gets lonely outside while they are at work all day so they got the puppy. A puppy shouldnt be outside all day long!!! They just make me so mad, you can hear the puppy barking right now and to top if off its 40 degrees outside >:( >:(

Anakalia

Re: Grrrrr people!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 08:48:01 am »
UGH!!  We have a few people like that around here too!  I know that type well.... no matter what kind of advice you try to give them, they won't listen to a word of it!  For the puppies sake I hope they decide to find another home for him, he'd probably be better off.  Poor little guy!

« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 08:48:26 am by Anakalia »

Krista I

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 10:47:36 am »
 :'(  That is so sad!  I don't understand why someone would get a dog if all it's doing is sitting outside tied up.  What is the point seriously!!  If they don't have time to spend with their dogs then don't get them!  Plain and simple!!  I know someone who bought a purebred miniature schnauzer, and the poor thing spends most of his time in a damn kennel!!  Why get the dog if you're never home!!  OMG Some people get me so mad! >:(

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 11:11:10 am »
poor puppy!  :-[
I don't understand the mentality of some people when they get a dog.  They seem to have some grandiose expectations of an animal, as though it will train itself and they just have to sit back and wait for things to happen.  Do these people really believe taht their pup has any concept of their deadline, like the week before the 3 month mark the dog will decide he better get serious or he is going back to the pound?  It takes constant and consistent training and discipline.... grrr!
Sorry for the semi rant, I have a new pup because of such unrealistic expectations from her previous owners.  Don't get me wrong--their loss is my gain, I am elated to have her, it just pains me to hear that this pup may not be as lucky.
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 11:16:17 am »
Dont get me wrong I would take the puppy in a heartbeat if they were to decide they didnt want him, its a German Shorthaired mix but I just cant. But what i might do is go in their backyard and atleast play with the puppy while they are gone. They know me and I usually feed their Aussie when they leave so it wouldnt be a big deal to them. So atleast the puppy gets some one to play with!!