Author Topic: OMG I am soooooooo upset!!!!!!!  (Read 9066 times)

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
OMG I am soooooooo upset!!!!!!!
« on: January 04, 2007, 03:09:08 pm »
Some one from the city came to my house, apparently some one is complaining that I am NOT feeding my dogs or giving them water!!!!! >:( I am soooo upset right now, my stomach is just in a knot! I showed the guy their food dishes, water dishes and the dog food, which is almost out [so I have to be feeding them cause we arent eating dog food] OMG I never in a million years thought this would happen to me!!!!! I would love to know who is calling about me not feeding my dogs, I would love to give them a piece of my mind. I still cant believe it!! Grey is heavier then he has ever been right now, Zeus is at the perfect weight, but Gauge is a little under due to him not eating for 3 days, which I explained that to the guy. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: OMG I am soooooooo upset!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 03:11:21 pm »
so sad.  do you have proof from your vet that you've been taking them?  that always helps!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 03:16:15 pm »
Oh Blair - that sucks!
How was it left with you and the city worker?

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 03:19:06 pm »
The city guy didnt seem very bright to begin with....He looked at the dogs and didnt really say much. Asked to see the food incase "they" ask about it. Thats all he really said

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 03:26:06 pm »
I agree completely with everything you said Jenn!
Blair send the city folk to BPO if they need any proof of your unwavering caring and love for the boys... we'll set them straight!

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 03:27:31 pm »
The city guy came over when I had the boys outside, for their potty time, and it just rained. So you can only imagine how dirty they looked when he seen them :-\ And Zeus wasnt too happy to see the city guy, he is also the meter reader and Zeus doesnt like him for some reason. Isnt that my luck :(

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 03:32:04 pm »
Don't let them get to you.You know you are a good parent and we all know you are and that is all that matters.I hate people like that!!!
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 03:38:39 pm »
not wanting to be mean, i just wanted to put in that if it was me i'd think of it like this.  i would rather someone call and have someone come check on my dogs, if they looked a little thin (you have to understand these people probably DON'T know you and are only trying to look out for the dog) than to have someone ignore what was going on around them and possibly risk ANOTHER dog who REALLY needed to be checked on starve to death.  you've surely got the proof that you're taking care of them, so don't sweat it.  IMO, i'd rather it be a false call on me, than to have a poor innocent dog die because someone ignored a situation.  just think of it as you have a nosy, caring animal lover just trying to keep the 4-legged community safe.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 03:41:36 pm »
we had that happen to us when we first rescued zeus. he was 84lbs when we got him. Darcy works at a vet clinic and i called him crying afterwards because i didnt know how to handle it.  they told me they would be back with in 20 days to see if he's gained any weight.. now, we all know to put weight on a large (or giant breed) isnt easy. but darcy talked to his boss (the vet) who had seen and done tests on zeus to make sure he was healthy, and she called the animal control personally telling them not to bother harassing us because that dog is more than well taken care of...  maybe there is something your vet can do? Im sorry you are going thru this blair.
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 03:53:41 pm »
I think all your dogs look like the ideal weight dog.

Check this out:
http://www.petcaretips.net/is-my-dog-fat.html
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 03:54:39 pm by dober_gurl »
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Nicole

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 04:08:24 pm »
Aw, Blair!

LAAAAAAAAAAAAM E!

I guess its true, though. People could truly believe that you're underfeeding and not say anything at all. So...I guess its good that your neighbors care about dogs, eh?

In any case, we all know you love the boys. You always have us! hahha!

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 04:32:26 pm »
not wanting to be mean, i just wanted to put in that if it was me i'd think of it like this.  i would rather someone call and have someone come check on my dogs, if they looked a little thin (you have to understand these people probably DON'T know you and are only trying to look out for the dog) than to have someone ignore what was going on around them and possibly risk ANOTHER dog who REALLY needed to be checked on starve to death.  you've surely got the proof that you're taking care of them, so don't sweat it.  IMO, i'd rather it be a false call on me, than to have a poor innocent dog die because someone ignored a situation.  just think of it as you have a nosy, caring animal lover just trying to keep the 4-legged community safe.

I agree with this and everything else, I know how upset you are that someone had the nerve to call but like everyone (including me) we all know your dogs are well cared for and I am sure the city person saw that as well, if it would make you feel better call them(vet and city person) and give them an okay to speak with your vet. Coming from an animal cruelty background ~ every call has to be followed up on and if nothing is seen to warrant an ongoing investigation the file will be closed the 'people' who filed the complaint can call to find out what the status is and if the city person saw nothing that's what they will be told most times when its a case of not feeding ~ for some strange reason people think fat is healthy ~ that is just as bad as under feeding. Do your dogs bark outside? Sometimes neighbours get angry and don't know who to call instead of just coming to you I don't know ??? Sorry someone called
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 04:56:39 pm »
Thanks everyone. I can understand what you all are saying but it still is upsetting to me and kinda hurtful at the sametime. My dogs arent outside for that long during the day and they sleep inside at night time. I know all that matters is that I know they are well cared for but just the thought that some one thinks I am starving them is a little hurtful.

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 05:13:14 pm »
Just wanted to send you a hug, I know how hurtful,shocked,angry and embarrassed you are that someone would even think about calling. Pat yourself on the back you are a good mama, hold your head high when you take the boys out for their next walk.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 06:33:21 pm »
eweeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee so glad it was you and not me!  i'm probably going to eat my words the first time we leave "scout" at home when i leave though!!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)