Author Topic: pit pups  (Read 5945 times)

Offline lulu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
pit pups
« on: January 09, 2007, 10:57:48 am »
 well, i have been thinking about adding a little paw to our family...but i just found out that my neighbors dog is pregnant. shes the sweetest pitbull, and i adore her. our other neighbors pitbull got her pregnant. so, the pups will be full blood pit. when my neighbors first moved in with all their pits, i was a little nervous. i had never been around pits before, and all i "knew" about them is what i have heard on the news and whatnot. but time, and research about the breed has changed my opinion about them. the mom and dad of the soon to be pups, are both great, and i have been around them enough to know that i would love to have one of their puppies. i think my husband is relatively open to the possibility. i hope there is a female that looks just like the mom, cause she is so cute. so, we'll see what happens, it is too soon to talk...im already gettting excited though!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: pit pups
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 10:59:26 am »
congrads!  pits are really great dogs!  they're awesome with kids, they're a good size, and sturdy enough to handle kids pulling prodding, and jumping on them.  at the same time though, they love their family, and will protect them!  our pit is awesome, he's 9 months old now, and we absolutely love him!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 11:03:28 am »
First of all, if you get a pup from this litter, Congrats!!!! im a HUGE pit bull fan, but being in an area where they are banned, and most of my family HATES them without even knowing any... Grrr... I had always wanted one, or a bulldog... i settled on a Bull Terrier... And am very happy with my choise...
alot of people i know own pitbulls... i know two beautiful black and white ones, a beautiful light brindle, a gorgeous fawn (or i think maybe they are called red?) and a white... i love them. they have amazing personalities. and like Stephanie said, they are built well to stand up to poking/prading/pulling from children (as long as properly socialized that is). haha.
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 12:25:34 pm »
Congrats! Sounds like you will be getting a great pup, both parents with great temperments is definately a bonus.

Offline fila4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 03:50:43 pm »
congrats! Just make sure you are very educated on pitbulls!
I have owned one for almost 9 yrs. You have to do things differently with them. This info should help....

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2782

http://pbrc.net/index.html

both places have great information and very knowledgable members regarding pitbulls.

I hope you visit these sites before you get a pup!

Good luck and best wishes!
Tammy
Chynna-APBT 8 1/2 yrs
Bo-Husky mix 11 1/2 yrs
Gracie-Argentine Dogo 10yrs
Dutchess-Eng. Springer RIP
Jordan-Eng. Springer RIP
Icca-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Jezzabelle-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Paco-Argentine Dogo RIP
Falcon-Argentine Dogo RIP

Offline dogcrazyforever

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Beretta- 7 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 09:46:22 pm »
I love pit bulls, they are great dogs! Be sure to post photos if you do get one  ;D Also, here's a video you should definatly check out if you're interested in pit bulls. It's an anti bsl video but its really great in showing this amazing breed's versatility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJueekvhRDI
What Man Doesn't Understand
Man Fears
And What Man Fears
Man Destroys.

Stop B.S.L.