Author Topic: For The Love of a Dog by Patricia McConnell  (Read 3918 times)

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
For The Love of a Dog by Patricia McConnell
« on: January 13, 2007, 07:13:38 am »
For The love of a Dog - Understanding Emotions in You and Your Dog by Patricia McConnel is an excellent book.  She writes about the emotions we share with our dogs and how we express our emotions in similar ways with facial expressions and body language.  Patricia McConnel is a behaviorist and zoologist providing very interesting and useful scientific information.  Also she includes many personal stories from her own life and professional experience.  I thought that it was a wonderful book to help us understand more about our dogs and ourselves.  Any one else read it?  I highly recommended this book to any one wishing to understand more about dogs and how to improve our relationships with them.

marypyrs

Re: For The Love of a Dog by Patricia McConnell
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 11:41:59 am »
I've read it. As well as Patricia's other books. I would highy reccomend it. Actually, I bought two more copies for first time dog owner Relatives with new Fur Babies. I also listen to Patricia and Larry Mieller's radio show, Calling All Pets on WPR every Saturday morning.

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: For The Love of a Dog by Patricia McConnell
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 12:57:48 pm »
Thanks,I'll have to put that on my buy next list.I have tons of books on birds,and realized I didn't have any on dogs.I'm waiting on my first order to show up next week.I ordered:

Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems
Cesar Millan

The Other End of the Leash
Patricia McConnell

My Smart Puppy: Fun, Effective, and Easy Puppy Training (Book & 60min DVD) Brian Kilcommons

Saint Bernards (Complete Pet Owner's Manuals)
Joan Hustace Walker

The Cautious Canine
Patricia B. McConnell

How to be the Leader of the Pack...And have Your Dog Love You For It.
Patricia B. McConnell

Beginning Family Dog Training
Patricia B. McConnell
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie