Author Topic: i wanna yell at someone, but won't, so this is the next best thing  (Read 2994 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
ok, so this past december, right after christmas, my mom's bf comes over, and (even though i explained to mom and hubby i didn't think it was a good idea) he proceeded to put a new sink in my kitchen.  don't get me wrong, i'm very grateful for the sink, BUT, he took all day, and then at about 6 or so decided he couldn't fix it (which he is infamous for mind you).  nice.  my dishwasher was overflowing into my kitchen floor, and the sink and the dishwasher are not usable.  and he leaves.  just like that, just gets up and leaves, saying, "well, i'm done for the day, i gotta get on the road."  the nerve.  the up side was that he decided to call a plumber to come out first thing in the morning, and offered to pay for it.  BOY, was i happy.  the guys who came were fast, great, and so polite.  well, i got a call from ron (the bf) asking how long were they there, why didn't they use the parts we had, etc etc etc.  i explained they were there ABOUT 45 minutes but not to quote me, and that they had to use all new parts, b/c he had bought wrong ones,  some were too short now, bad shape, threading was messed up (all thanks to ron) and that they had to replace everything.  a whopping $10-$15.  the company doesn't do a charge for coming to you based on distance, they put them in order of who is closest, then closest to that person so on and so forth.  completely justifiable and if you ask me it makes sense, and saves EVERYBODY money.  ok, now from what i understand they had a 12 minute drive from the previous job to me, so that 12 minutes is deducted from the first hour of work, and they charge by the hour, although i'm not sure what the rate is.  so the TOTAL bill is like $100, round about.  well, ron isn't happy, and writes them a really nasty letter and encloses it into the bill.  well, today I get a call, saying how the company doesn't appreciate the letter, and the threat to report them to the BBB, and the army (you can call if you have a bad experience and inform them that they should put that company on the "shouldn't use list") so forth and so on.  well, obviously, i have NO clue what the h*ll he's talking about, but listen as he's telling me that this is the first bad letter in 38 years of work, and if ron wants to drag this on, he has a whole town willing to go to court and testify that ron is wrong, blah blah, and also about how he needs to know how long his workers were there b/c they had been there for YEARS, and he didn't want them lying to him about a job they did.  well, i'm confused by now.  i apologize, and tell him i had no idea ron was doing this, and i was completely happy with the service, etc, and that i DID not say they were there exactly 45 minutes, as i was apparently 18 minutes short, i said that they were in the house ABOUT 45 minutes, but that just like i told ron i didn't time them, and to take their time, as (once again) i DIDN'T CLOCK THEM.  so for 10 minutes i get my @ss blistered for this nasty letter, and get "offered" to be sent the letter several times, etc, and each time i politely refuse and apologize again.  boy, this really upsets me, as i really liked their services and b/c i'd have LIKED to use them again, but honestly i don't want to now out of embarrassment b/c of ron's nasty letter.  i don't want to be the "woman who can't be pleased."  the guy even said that if i was hard pressed on money he would have come and fixed it for free just because we were military.  talk about ron making me look like a meany.  this really hurts my feelings b/c i've been talking so great about this company, and had nothing to do with the letter or anything, and didn't even know he had written it.  not to mention, i can't believe that ron would do this since all of this was HIS fault to start with.  sorry for the length, but this really upsets me and i refuse to call ron now b/c of this.  what a day.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
Re: i wanna yell at someone, but won't, so this is the next best thing
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 02:41:03 pm »
Hi,

That stinks, just write your own letter to the company saying that you are thrilled with the job they did and that you recomend them to all your friends, apologise for Ron's letter and tell them he was the "plumber" who messed up the job in the first place and you Told Ron (even if you didn't) that you did not appreciate him writing the company to complain with out speaking to you first.

Tell them you would be happy to be a reference for them for any future customers who are concerned. I bet they will be thrilled!!
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 03:01:43 pm »
Oh Steffanie that sucks!  Mr. Ron has a lot of nerve to complain to the company that cleaned up his mess!

I agree with Winslow's dad... you could write a letter praising the company and the job they did for you, etc...  and apologize for Ron's letter... You could even go as far as to say you look forward to using them again in the future, assuring them there will be no interference from Ron. 

Hopefully this will make you feel better!

Just remember, you didn't do anything wrong!

!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 05:55:19 pm »
well, i did the best i could apologizing to the company, and the man seemed happy enough with that, although he wasn't "pleased" by any means.  i totally understand why though.  SO, i did the absolute best i could and apologized and told him how please i was, and then... i called my mom ha ha.  i told her what had happened (it IS her boyfriend after all and it WAS her idea to let him put the sink in even AFTER her personal plumber friend told her not to let him touch a single thing in the house again because it took him 3 hours to fix a single problem he caused) and she is now talking to ron on the phone, and is hopefully going to make him apologize to the company.  we'll see.  no offense to the few guys on here, but he IS a guy, after all, and will probably not apologize or the best case scenario, he sends another letter.  i still feel so bad because the guys who did the job were SO nice and even gave me a plumbing class while they were working and joked around and all, and i can just imagine what got started because ron took my time guesstimate as a quote, even though i told him it was a guesstimate.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 10:49:03 am »
he knew it wasn't my letter when he read it b/c it was signed personally by ron.  i think after he realized that i didn't complain to ron, it was more of a "i needa vent" type thing, but you're right on the unprofessional ism.  it's all a complete big mess, and in the future i think i'll either have someone else do it or take a class so i can do it myself.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)