Author Topic: a few pics  (Read 3027 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
a few pics
« on: January 15, 2007, 01:11:38 pm »
just thought i'd share a few pics.  we "installed" a screen door last week, and we LOVE it, especially the kids (fur and skin).  i'm honestly very surprised that the dogs haven't jumped on it yet.  knock on wood! the boys are trying so hard to be like their daddy, and read.  aiden just has to learn which way the books go ha ha.  scout is looking out the door with tristan, and it's diesel laying his head on the pillow.  we officially took collars off so we HAVE to learn to tell them apart without them.  it's easier now though b/c diesel hit a growth spurt and is now about 2" taller than scout. 
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: a few pics
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 01:18:18 pm »
LOL those are great pics!!! 
Im glad to hear the dogs arent eating their way thru ur door yet. they distroyed mine in my last house. lol no more for us ;)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline BellaRoosMom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 02:21:25 pm »
Screen doors?  What are those!!!  I hope yours last a really long time.  My danes both jump on the patio door to tell us they're ready to come in.  Needless to say, both screen doors are in the trash.  Not having one, and now having one, your puppers may respect it a bit more. 

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 02:46:15 pm »
OMG - great pics, Steff!
Such cuties - all of them!
I love the pic of Scout and Tristan looking out the door. it is priceless!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 04:23:26 pm »
we had a screen door at fort bragg, so axle sheeba and caine know not to jump on it.  amazingly, the sound scares axle and sheeba ha ha.  this one is made of vinyl and is supposedly "scratch resistant" (and actually, it was cheap!)...  we'll see about that.  the only time ours was a problem at bragg was when axle heard the TV and thought someone was after me, and jumped through it, and came in with hair standing on end, ready to eat someone (hubby was deployed).  we only put one on the FRONT door for now, maybe at a later date, we can find one the dogs can't break.  i'm really worried about the all glass ones, but the screen ones i KNOW won't stand a chance.  maybe i can get a custom one with a metal mesh instead??  anybody have any experience with that custom screened doors?  i'll have to look into that b/c it would be SO nice to have one on both since the front and back door are across the living room / extention from each other, and it would be a great breeze!  here's the door we got.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=218999-958-218999&lpage=none
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 04:33:09 pm »
i LOVE ours!  i love having our house "air out" when it's nice enough.  this one is really great.  it only took us about 30 minutes to put it up, COMPLETELY up.  you do have to mount your own hardware with this one though, but it wasn't a problem.  it came with a sticker that wraps around both sides of the door to mark where you drill the holes for the handle.  i like that the whole door is screen, no glass.  it makes me feel safer as far as the glass breaking, and also lets more air in. 
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 04:33:47 pm »
Very cute picture of Tristan and Scout. I don't know how Phelan would do with the screen, they don't stand a chance with the kitties. If the cats decide they want out they just make their own opening. The screen door we have now is metal on the bottom half and screen on the top, you get the breeze and the kitties stay in! This summer Phelan will be big enough to stand and reach the screen so as long as he doesn't do that we should be safe. We have a double pane of glass that reaches floor to ceiling beside the door so hopefully he's happy looking out it.