Author Topic: We Have a Hole (Update) Got Water??  (Read 6042 times)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
We Have a Hole (Update) Got Water??
« on: January 17, 2007, 05:10:04 pm »
OK... it's a little more than a hole.

Yesterday they broke ground on Tucker's pool and today they finished with the plumbing and rebar.  I cannot believe how fast these people are moving.  We expect they will be done by the end of February.

Now if only the weather would break.  Unlike the east coast that has been experiencing unseasonably warm temps here in the desert it has been VERY cold.  Today we had a high of 48, normal highs for January is in the 60's.  At night it has been going down to the teens. 

I AM SO READY FOR SUMMER!!!!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:47:19 pm by The Brindle Pack »

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: We Have a Hole
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:51:24 pm »
WOW a pool! im SO on my way, by foot... i'll be there by the time its done ;) haha
Thats so cool. sucks about the weather, though, we're getting some weird weather this year too..
jodi
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Kirsti

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 06:22:27 pm »
That will be a Friken Awesome Pool! I think you should have a bpo pool party! hint hint* haahaa  yeah the weather is freeky...COLD!!!

~K

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 06:55:14 pm »
I would love to have a BPO pool party.  I was thinking about that the other day.  How cool would it be if we had a yearly get-together?  This year could be in California and next on the east coast.  What do you think?? 

I'm really excited about the pool.  The area to the left is going to be a table so we can play cards and enjoy a cold one.  On the right is going to be a 6' baha area that will we in 8" of water with two stairs down.  Here is a couple pictures so you have a better idea.

OK... back to that BPO party.  I've got an acre of land for tents and RV's.  I would suggest spring or fall as the temps get well above 100 in the summer.  We are also only 2.5 hours from Vegas.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 06:57:40 pm by The Brindle Pack »

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 07:14:19 pm »
That's an awesome hole...it reminds me of when I was a kid and we got our first pool.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 08:31:22 pm »
Woo-hoo!  A pool!  You and the pups will have so much fun! :)

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 10:24:30 pm »
That is going to be so awesome when its all done. Can I come visit the end of February. The pups will be old enought to learn to swim...I'll bring all 14 of my dogs  ;)
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 10:26:25 pm »
That is soooo cool!!  You're so lucky!  You sound like you're in the perfect place to have a BPO party.  ;D

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 12:32:38 am »
The table/bar area in the pool is great, i've never seen that before.

Offline TannerW

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Roxie
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 12:35:50 am »
If you don't mind me asking, how much is that whole thing gonna cost you?  I've wondered about the affordability of that. 

If you don't wanna make it public, you can send it to me in a private message. 

Looks awesome, btw.  Keep us updated with the progress.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 06:28:25 am »
That is a very cool hole you have there.  It looks like a good size pool.

We are actually waiting until spring and we too will be having a pool put in, we have the contract and it was supposed to be built in the fall but I couldn't decide on the shape.

Yours looks alot bigger but then again you have ALOT more space and nicer weather.  We will be able to swim from May to September.  My hubby has been bugging me for a while so I figured I should get this done before my kids are off to college.

Hubby also agreed to get the strongest vinyl liner so Harley...and anyone after Harley could go in.

I love the table in the pool!  Your steps look similar to what we are getting that way people and or dogs can just sit on the steps.

SO you can hold the west coast BPO party and I can do the east coast - except I am all the way in Western NY and I am in a neighborhood with a small lot :P.  At least my neighbors all have and like dogs!!

Best of luck with your fabulous pool!

Randy & Harley

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 06:59:30 am »
Wow....your dogs get their own pool....that's pretty cool!  My ex-husband used to get jealous because the dog's picture frame was bigger than the one that held his picture, but I always said the dog was here long before him and would probably be there long after him (didn't realize how true that joke was! lol).  Imagine what he'd have said if I built the dog a pool?? hehehe

It is beautiful...as is your home by the way.  I'm packing the RV now...lol.  Your east coast/up north BPO cuzzins are comin to visit! :D
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 04:30:59 pm »
Oh the pool is going to be soooooo awesome! Oh and I so see a spot at the table with my name on it!  See you this summer!  :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 12:31:08 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 08:21:03 pm »
I've wondered about the affordability of that. 

Like with most things with every extra/option the price goes up.  The table was very important to us as was the baha area.  Tucker will swim all day long if we let him but I'm not so sure about the rest of the pack so I wanted to make sure they had a place that they could at least get wet.  Cost also varies depending on the material that you use.  We went with shot-cret, white plaster and safty coping our tile is very basic and because we have a spa in the sunroom we decided we didn't need one out there.  My guess location would also play into the equation of "how much" as would the time of year that you have it built.  In our case doing it now saved us a few thousand.  Not so much on the pool itself but on the other stuff like concrete decking and fencing. 

For a basic gunite or shot-cret pool that is 15 x 25 we could have done here in southern California for about $20,000.  Just remember there is other stuff to think about like decking and fencing.  For the same size vinyl above ground pool you would pay about $10,000.

If you have specific questions you would like to ask please feel free to PM me.  I did a ton of research before we even had the first contractor come out to give us a quote.  We also knew exactly what we wanted and drew it up before hand.  Many companies will try to UP sell you on everything; know what you want and don't let them talk you into stuff you don't need.  A perfect example for us was the fact that we wanted the pool no deeper than 4.5 feet.  We like to play pool vollyball and you can't do that if one end is too deep.

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions. 

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 08:26:47 pm »
We are sooooo excited about the pool.  I'm sure Tucker will use it the most and with his HD and recent surgery it is the perfect exercise for him.

If any of you are seriously interested in coming for a visit just let me know.  We have an extra room or you could stay in the "dog house".