Author Topic: Jake and the Mailman  (Read 3084 times)

bigdogs@5501

Jake and the Mailman
« on: January 19, 2007, 05:19:47 pm »
I had the pups out for our walk in the woods and as we were coming back to the house, the mail man pulls up and parks, gets out of the Jeep and heads to the front door with some packages that we were expecting. Before I could grab Jake- he took off- towards the mailman. This is not our usual mailman and I dont even know if he knew that we had any dogs. So the Mailman, looks towards Jake, see's Jake is running very fast towards him and he takes a flying leap off of the front deck and heads as fast has he can towards his jeep. My son and daughter were trying to catch Jake, but Jake is very fast. The Mailman was surprisingly fast for being a really big guy (more linebacker big than anything) but he wasnt fast enough. About the time he jumped into the Jeep to shut the door- Jake was there. Jake wedged himself in the door of the Jeep and reached over and gave the mailman a kiss on the cheek. I think that the mailman may have needed to have changed his pants after our delivery. I laughed so hard that I thought that I was going to have to change my pants. Poor mailman- his response was oh god. He was very good natured about it thankfully and I really dont think that I could get in trouble for a kiss like I could a bite.
This guy must be a really good guy, Jake is never that sweet to anyone that he doesnt know.

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Jake and the Mailman
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 05:22:01 pm »
I really have to laugh at this...i can just picture the look on the mailman's face as he saw Jake coming towards him.
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 09:49:06 am »
omgggggggg i can just imagine how you felt!  my dogs would have ate him!  that is a really funny mental image though ha ha!  thanks for sharing!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 11:01:35 am »
That's hilarious!! What was in the packages - must have been something for Jake and he was really grateful!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 01:36:46 pm »
HAHAHAHAAA!  That story is way too funny!   ;D

angelsmama

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 12:58:59 am »
lmao wish i couldve seen his expression when jake came flying at him :D :D