Author Topic: Urination Deficate at home  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Pyr1

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Urination Deficate at home
« on: January 28, 2007, 09:38:07 am »

I have a 9 1/2 yo Great Pyr. He is wonderful. I share him with my neighbor. I buy the food and feed him, I take him to the vet and pay the bill, and I walk him twice a day during the week. She has him in her 3br apt (I only have a small studio) and she walks him on weekends. My neighbor doesn't want the dog any more and resents having him in her apt and walking him. Now she claims he is urinating and defecating at home. During the week when I take him out he does not seem to have the problem. Is it a physical or emotional problem?
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
- Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)

marypyrs

Re: Urination Deficate at home
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 10:36:47 am »
Could be Kaya knows he's not "wanted" by your friend anymore. Pyr's know a lot more than people do. They can read your mind before a thought even pops into it.

Maybe he's not getting walked as much as should be at the neighbors now. ? ? ?

Have you check out Regalia Pyrs? It's one of the BEST Pyr info sites I've yet to find. Sarina Foley is wonderful! It's Regaliapyrs.co m

HUGS to Kaya! Too bad you're not MY neighbor!

Jane & "The Crew"

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Urination Deficate at home
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 10:57:19 am »
The problem may not be with him but may lie with your neighbor.  If he is only urinating and deficating in the house on the weekends when you aren't taking care of him, it could be that he isn't being taken out enough and can only go in the house.  I agree with Stella that perhaps you should have sole custody at this point to determine if there is a problem.  By the way, welcome to BPO.  Hope you find out what is going on soon.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience