Author Topic: Broken Toe  (Read 4637 times)

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
Broken Toe
« on: February 02, 2007, 07:09:30 pm »
Tuesday morning Shasta broke her toe.  Not sure how she did it... I had the back door open for the girls to come in and out as they pleased, but she was outside w/ Mika.  I believe it was due to horseplay.  She's been walking and hobbling around and hasn't kept her from doing much... we have kept her from running around... the vet said that there wasn't much to do since it was one toe and it was being supported by her other toes.  Just have to wait a few weeks for it to heal and keep doing what we're doing.  She's still hobbling, but happy.
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
Re: Broken Toe
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 08:17:25 pm »
Must of been from playing with the Big Paws!!
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 02:13:43 pm »
Wow.  The vet didn't even splint it or anything?  When Dell broke his toe, there were x-rays and splints and an e-collar and bedrest and the whole 9 yards.  Was kind of expensive! 

Dell wrecked two e-collars in a matter of two days and managed to strip the splint off by about day 4.  Yes, he healed just fine, has no limp. 

Sure wish I'd had your vet!
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 05:00:39 pm »
Awww poor baby!  Hopefully it heals quickly.