Author Topic: Any Komondor Owners Here Yet?  (Read 46257 times)

Offline toncel

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Any Komondor Owners Here Yet?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 03:39:40 pm »
Hello to all:
I am a new Kom owner.  I have a boy named Congo and he's a handfull.  He's 6 months.  He keeps my 7 y/o busy.  Even tho I have other big dogs Congo has been the easiest to train.  We've  trained him to use a litter box and my daughter has taken it upon herself to teach him to sit.  He'll sit and booty scoot across the floor, until she gives him approval and then he goes about his business.  I've meet 2 other Koms and they seem to be great dogs.
Tako
My FurKids:
Congo-Komondor
Smokey-Rotweiler
Baby-Rotweiler
Caine-German Shepherd
Diamond-German Shepherd
Max-German Shepherd
Princess-Pitbull Terrier
Chester-Golden Retriever
Tiger- Rat Terrier
Herald-Teddy Bear Hamster

Kiahpyr

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 03:44:18 pm »
Your baby is a cutie! Looks like you have a house full with all those animals. I have a 8 month old great pyrenees named Kiah. Welcome to BPO!

Offline toncel

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 04:21:06 pm »
I really wasn't an animal lover until I had my daughter and when she was 4 she asked for a brother or a sister.  So my answer was "You can have a pet."  So from that point on every Xmas present has been an animal and every birthday present has been an animal.  Even her grandparents have joined in with the pet giving.  She has pets that they keep, so she will visits often.  If we don't give in  and do the sibling thing.. We'll have a zoo by the time she's 18.  My husband and I use to tell people raising animals is a whole lot cheaper and easier than raising babies.  I have now eaten those words..
My FurKids:
Congo-Komondor
Smokey-Rotweiler
Baby-Rotweiler
Caine-German Shepherd
Diamond-German Shepherd
Max-German Shepherd
Princess-Pitbull Terrier
Chester-Golden Retriever
Tiger- Rat Terrier
Herald-Teddy Bear Hamster

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 09:37:25 pm »
Hello and welcome!

I love your avatar.  Are you going to let his cords grow out, or are you going to get him shaved?  I know with the cords it's alot of work (or so I've heard).  I'd love to see more pics of him.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 10:08:51 pm »
I have a rather stupid question, but how will a full grown Kom use a litter box?
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2005, 01:54:00 pm »
When do the Dreds start to come in?  Irie, Irie Mon!!!  8)  I wonder if there's any Puli owners in here too.   ???
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Loretta

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2005, 04:12:42 am »
I've just joined this website.  I have a 6 1/2 year old Male Komondor, Yamon.  He's spoilt rotten and we wouldn't have it any other way.  He's super easy going and a joy to live with.  It hasn't been all fun and games with him but considering Koms aren't the easiest of breeds to incorporate into your everyday lifestyle he's just great.  He doesn't always have the most friendly first impression but sometimes that's not such a bad thing.  He keeps his little mama safe when she's alone.  When all is said and done he loves being around people and these days in his older age tolerates other dogs but still loves to play with his old dog buddies.  It's a very interesting breed with a strong personality.  Not only that, he has a very specific idea of who my husband and I are and what roles we play in his life.  I'm the alpha and he cries if I go away overnight but when I'm around he plays it cool.  My husband is not too much higher on the pole then himself in Yamon's opinion but he's the play mate.  When he walks in the door after work it's a flurry of activity and he yelps for joy.  But when he goes away, it's not a big deal.  I'm the meal ticket.  Very interesting how he decided this all on his own. 
If you have questions on grooming or other Kom related questions send them over, Yamon and I have gone through a lot together.
Loretta

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 12:01:07 pm »
He is a very distinduished looking fellow! Please post more of him Loretta.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Jaffa

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 05:38:59 pm »
I've just joined this website.  I have a 6 1/2 year old Male Komondor, Yamon.  He's spoilt rotten and we wouldn't have it any other way.  He's super easy going and a joy to live with.  It hasn't been all fun and games with him but considering Koms aren't the easiest of breeds to incorporate into your everyday lifestyle he's just great.  He doesn't always have the most friendly first impression but sometimes that's not such a bad thing.  He keeps his little mama safe when she's alone.  When all is said and done he loves being around people and these days in his older age tolerates other dogs but still loves to play with his old dog buddies.  It's a very interesting breed with a strong personality.  Not only that, he has a very specific idea of who my husband and I are and what roles we play in his life.  I'm the alpha and he cries if I go away overnight but when I'm around he plays it cool.  My husband is not too much higher on the pole then himself in Yamon's opinion but he's the play mate.  When he walks in the door after work it's a flurry of activity and he yelps for joy.  But when he goes away, it's not a big deal.  I'm the meal ticket.  Very interesting how he decided this all on his own. 
If you have questions on grooming or other Kom related questions send them over, Yamon and I have gone through a lot together.
Loretta

Hi Loretta
I just want you to email me, about komondors in Canada.
I'm the owner of the site Swedish Komondors and you send me a picture of Yamon some years a go, my own komondor Jaffa is dead and i look for a new komondor

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 12:33:06 am »
I know this is a really old thread, but I just love these dogs. 
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Jas2Cats

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All my babies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 11:21:37 pm »
Beautiful Kom's everybody! :)  I don't have one, my hubby would never put up with it (he doesn't particularly like dogs, and then, only shor haired)  Anyway, when I was growing up, my neighbor had 2 Kom's (out of about 12 in California at the time), and I helped her care for them and assisted when she showed them.  They are abosolutely wonderful dogs, very strong personalities, and very protective of their family. 
Alyce

Woody  (aka Big Dog) (12 1/2) Shorthaired Laberaimer (1/2 German Shorthair, 1/4 Lab, 1/4 Weimaraimer)
Maple (aka Princess Poo) (7 1/2) Boxer/ GS mix
Fuzzy (15 1/2)long haired tabby cat
Trouble & Double 3 1/2 year old African Leopard Tortoises.
Ed (17+) and Cris (13+) skin kids

Offline kimcapp2004

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2008, 10:26:05 am »
I have a Great Pyrenees/Komondor mix who is 11 months old. We saved him from a goat farm in Eureka Springs, Arkansas last February. He is the sweetest dog!

Tonda

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2008, 11:19:14 am »
Wow, that must be quite the mix! Welcome to the board. I don't have a Kom, but friends of mine do (they raise alpacas in Vermont).

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2008, 02:50:54 pm »
I have a Great Pyrenees/Komondor mix who is 11 months old. We saved him from a goat farm in Eureka Springs, Arkansas last February. He is the sweetest dog!

Hi Kimcaapp & welcome!!  I'd looooove to see pics of your Pyr/Kom mix.  I bet he's adorable!   :)
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees