Author Topic: She is Driving me Nuts  (Read 6436 times)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
She is Driving me Nuts
« on: February 08, 2007, 05:00:06 pm »
OK... since we had our cold spell last month Miss Tyra has found that she likes to be under a blanket.  It's very cute but the problem is when she moves and the blanket comes off.  She will whine until I get up to put it back on.  This happens at least 3 or 4 times EVERY night.  Needless to say I'm not getting a good nights sleep.

Any suggestions??  I'm thinking I need to wrap her like a baby so she can't move.... ;D

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: She is Driving me Nuts
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 05:05:14 pm »
first off, i'm sorry, but i have to laugh because scout does the same thing except we don't give in ha ha.  an idea though might be to get her some dog clothes.  they make puppy pj's that cover their whole body like a bicycler's clothes do.  or maybe just a jacket?  btw, that's the CUTEST picture!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 05:09:26 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 07:28:16 pm »
We have the same problem with Mika... her hair is sooooo short and she tends to get cold at night.  But she wanted under our covers every night. :-\  If we didn't let her, she'd  pace and whine until we let her under.  I think it was Julie that mentioned getting a jacket from K9 apparel a while back and I followed suit.  Mika wears her purple fleece jacket every night, stays warm and we get to sleep.  We love it... Mika and us!!! ;D
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 07:39:13 pm »
That picture is just too cute!!  Koby likes to snuggle in the blankets too, but he just lays there and doesn't move so we don't have to worry about he blankets falling off. lol  I think the fleecy jacket is a wonderful idea!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 08:15:04 pm »
hahahaha!!! Sounds like Tyra has you well-trained!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 11:23:22 pm »
A queen size blanket for your princess??

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 11:40:43 pm »
Oh that is an adorable picture!!! I don't have any ideas for the blanket,but you could try a electric mattress pad on the bed to keep her warm.Would you come wrap me up like a baby at night?? Sleeping with 2 Saints I'm the one who always ends up uncovered :D
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 08:30:38 am »
Great ideas everyone, thank you for the feedback and links.  I love the Tummy Warmer and will measure Tyra today for one of those.

Last night she wore a fleece jacket and did just fine with it except when she walked the sleeves pulled a little.  It was funny to watch her walk like a Clydesdale.  She only got up once during the night but that was because she wanted Luke to move.

Here are a couple pictures.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 09:45:48 am »
OMG - that pic is soooo cute!

I too know how you feel Cindy. I tuck my Blu in EVERY night when we go to bed... he expects it and gives me the saddest of eyes if I get into bed having forgotten to drape him in his woobie. Foirtunately though he doesn't wake me to replace it in the middle of the night.