Author Topic: Betti's boring human companion...  (Read 5731 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Betti's boring human companion...
« on: July 08, 2005, 12:43:41 pm »
Betti just lounging around in the sunshine.  Nothing too exciting after playtime. ;)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 11:20:34 am by moonlitcroatia »
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

Re: Boring little Betti...lately.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 12:47:52 pm »
She's pooped.  :)  Must get beauty sun.

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 02:39:55 pm »
She is a pretty gal... I know how she feels, I'm beat too!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 02:44:12 pm »
Look Felony!  That's what you're gonna look like someday!
Hard to believe something so little will get so big! :-\

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 02:50:52 pm »
I look forward to it.  If she gets as big and beautiful as you guy's dogs, I will be happy.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 02:52:11 pm »
I wish they would stay small like that.  :D

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 08:32:51 am »
That's why Betti is so cute to me.  I read somewhere that domestic dogs have been genetically modified to maintain a puppyish nature and characteristic s because this appeals to humans.  Betti still looks like a pup and she is two years old now.  Everyone always asks if she is about a year old.  She is also a small rottie.  I tell people that and they just laugh, but she is only about 23 inches at the tallest point of her shoulder blade, and that is when she is standing very straight.  When she curls up into a ball she is so tiny she fits on my pillow, and often lies there.  And those are regular-sized pillows, too, - not the square Euro pillows or long Queen or King-sized.  When she's in a ball like that I can just wrap my arms around her and squeeze and I'm only 4'11".  Nonetheless, she grunts and is so warm and soft and I love that.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 09:52:28 am »
awe... that is too cute. Thats sounds like about the size Felony's mommy was...Her dad was completely the opposite, so I just have to wait and see how my baby turns out.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Betti's boring human companion...
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 11:21:54 am »
I definitely needed to change the title of this thread.  Betti is not boring at all.  It is my lack of enthusiasm behind the camera lately that is the issue.   :P

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 02:35:30 pm »
if these are your lack of enthusiasm photos, I can't wait to see some when you are excited.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 07:34:56 am »
I love it when they are calm for a bit.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 07:42:14 am »
I can't wait to see how big your baby gets too.  How much does she weigh now?
Mine put on 10 pounds a month...Lady not so much anymore now she's almost a year old...but that seemed to be the average.  Gracey has to be about 60 now.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 08:07:51 pm »
I think Betti is finished growing.  She just turned two years old.  I'm sure her personality has a long way to go, but she is a very tiny thing.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 05:49:57 am »
Tiny is good.  I think Gracey is going to be our "little" Rott.  Certainly nothing as big as Lady.  She's gotta be pushing 100 already and she's not even a year old.  All I know is that she is HEAVY!  Grace is almost 60 now.
Betti is probably done growing...but I still think she's a sweet looing dog.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 11:12:24 pm »
Thank you!  She is very funny, as I am sure you are well aware.  I can make fun of her walk by sticking my butt out, so I have a bubble butt, and then walking with the rest of my body jutting forward on my tip-toes.  That is how Betti walks.  It is as if she is pulsing her two large butt muscles upward and out.  So funny to watch.  Hence: J-Lo.  I'll have to take a photo of it some time, so you can see first hand.