Author Topic: pups  (Read 7737 times)

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
pups
« on: February 20, 2007, 11:01:34 am »
Hi everyone... was thinking about you guys... basically because I am a magnet for abused and/or puppymill dogs.
If you remember Felony's story, she was given to me at 6 weeks old with an ambilical hernia. Well, the night before last I got a phone call from one of my hubby's techs, saying that this guy had some rott pups and was gonna drown them all the next morning. So, I asked how and he said 6 weeks (Ok, before anyone jumps me, I asked so that I knew whether or not to pick up some formula). So, my another tech goes up and picks up these 5 pups and my husband tells me to go look at them. Well, another tech had taken one. That left 2 girls and 2 boys. The guy who picked them up decided that he was gonna keep both boys...so I go over and take a look at the girls..first off they are not full rott, which is probably why the guy was gonna kill them. Well, I decided to take them both anyone and goodness are they a handful. These poor little creatures, they do not have the normal puppy belly, they drank and entire bowl of water when I got them home here and I am surprised that they held it all down. They were litteraly shaking when I fed them and the one bit me when I put my hand near her bowl, that and if you make a sudden movement around them they jump. I feel so bad. Well, I am posting pics of them...the guy said that the mother was a rott and the father was half boxer/half wolf. My sister-in-law is going to take one off of my hands. But I am gonna go ahead and keep the other, I feel so bad for them. (that and puppies make my heart melt!) I think some people out there are just totally ignorant and disgusting (and the reason that I took both girls was so I could get them fixed). What do you guys think about their looks?

angelsmama

Re: pups
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 11:12:33 am »
omg they are absolutely adorable

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 11:56:28 am »
omg they're so adorable!  i wouldn't have been able to say no either!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 12:08:07 pm »
awwww what beautiful babies. the poor defenseless little things. Thankfully they have you and the others to care for them!

As for that disgusting excuse for a human... I hope he meets the same fate he intended for the pups! 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 12:09:12 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 02:36:43 pm »
Awwwww, they're absolutely adorable!  Thank you so much for rescuing these pups!  :)

chaosndestruction

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 04:40:43 pm »
Awww they are cute!!! and very lucky that you were there to rescue them! I hate people like that >:( Let's go drown him!

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 05:35:16 pm »
Poor sweet little babies. Thank you for saving them from a terrible fate. That guy deserves to drown.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 05:35:42 pm »
They are both so very cute and very different from one another!! Which one are you keeping? I'll keep my comments to myself on the potential drowner and hopefully someone calls Animal Control and has the other dogs taken away from him.

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 06:31:01 pm »
Well, the hubby wanted the one that looks more like a rott. But he spent a little time with them today and I think he is leaning towards the brownish one. She is more partial to us as well. The other one is more independent and just walks away. The little brown one has been at my feet since I brought her home. Actually she is sleeping right next to my computer chair right now...and she is the one that 'feels' right to me. But we'll see come Friday when it is time for one of them to head to Pennsylvania.

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 06:34:01 pm »
AWWW! They are so sweet!  What kind of person could inflict harm to those faces?  How lucky that someone like you came along to rescue them.
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 09:30:29 pm »
Welp, it is agreed. We are keeping the brown one - we named her Tehya, so I will have to do a paw print for her (they still have those here?) and the other is nameless and heading off Friday to my sister-in-law.

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 10:18:40 pm »
Secretly I liked the brown one best, good choice!! She just looks like a sweet little pup.