Author Topic: Letter from GOD  (Read 6304 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Letter from GOD
« on: February 22, 2007, 11:54:45 am »
 This was sent to me from one of my rescue groups i thought i would share it with you!

Letter from GOD

A little girl named Meredith had a 14 year old dog named Abbey, who died last month (8/23).

This story is told by her mom.

The day after Abbey died, my 4 year old daughter, Meredith, was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her.

She dictated and I wrote:

"Dear God,

Will you please take special care of our dog, Abbey? She died yesterday and is in heaven. We miss her very much. We are happy that You let us have her as our dog even though she got sick.

She likes to play with balls and swim before she got sick. I am sending some pictures of her so that when you see her in heaven you will know she is our special dog. But I really do miss her.

Love,
Meredith Claire

p.s.: Mommy wrote this for me after I told her the words.

We put the letter in an envelope with 2 pictures of Abbey, and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Mer stuck some stamps on the front (because, as she said, it may take lots of stamps to get a letter all the way to heaven) and that afternoon I let her drop it into the letter box at the post office.

For a few days, she would ask if God had gotten the letter yet.
I told her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, for Labor Day, we took the kids to Peoria to a natural
history museum.  When we got back, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch.

Curious, I went to look at it. It had a white card on the front and said "To: Meredith" in an unfamiliar hand.

Meredith took it in and opened it. Inside was a book by
Mr. Rogers, 'When a Pet Dies'. Taped to the inside front cover
was the letter we had written to God, in its opened envelope. On the opposite page, one of the pictures of Abbey was tapped under the words "For Meredith."

We turned to the back cover, and there was the other picture of Abbey, and this handwritten note on pink paper:

"Dear Meredith,

I know that you will be happy to know that Abbey arrived safely and soundly in Heaven! Having the pictures you sent to me was such a big help. I recognized Abbey right away.

You know, Meredith, she isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me--just like she stays in your heart--young and running and playing. Abbey loved being your dog, you know. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets! -- So I can't keep your beautiful letter. I am sending it to you with the pictures so that you will have this book to keep and remember Abbey.

One of my angels is taking care of this for me. I hope the little book helps.

Thank you for the beautiful letter. Thank your mother for sending it. What a wonderful mother you have! I picked her especially for you.

I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. By the way, I am in heaven and wherever there is love.

Love, God, and the special angel who wrote this after God told her the words.

As a parent, a professional, and a pet lover, this is one of the kindest things that I've ever experienced. I have no way to know who sent it, but there is some very kind soul working in the dead letter office. I just wanted to share this.

I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did..

Please share it with other dog and kid lovers...

Pawz Up,
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
Re: Letter from GOD
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 12:48:35 pm »
Thank you! :)
That was an awesome read!!
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 12:53:54 pm »
Oh, what a tear jerker ! :'( Thankyou so much for sharing ! I loved it !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 05:40:04 pm »
What a tear jerker, that should come with a kleenex warning!  What a sweet story!
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline rayray

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Me and Onyx
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 10:54:33 pm »
what a beautiful story....it made me cry.  that must have been some special person that replied.  may God bless him or her.
My new GSD! He doesn't have a name yet... :/

Onyx: Black German Shepherd - her myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/onyxroxdablox

Sparky: Black and White Shih-Tzu (he likes to play with the big doggies!) his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sparkyboyrox

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 12:57:05 pm »
Oh my. That is amazing. Thanks!

Offline Skippy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lollie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 06:27:55 pm »
Thank you for sharing. It made me cry.
Central New York

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 10:34:54 pm »
That was very touching,thank you so much for sharing it.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie