Author Topic: Oy! Talk about scary!!  (Read 6358 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Oy! Talk about scary!!
« on: March 11, 2007, 05:50:47 pm »
So today My coworker/friend and I took Maggie and Roxie to the beach today. We had a blast except for one incident. When we were coming down a huge dune, Maggie was really hyper and was running. Well when she got to the bottom, I'm not so sure what happened but she fell into the creek! Me and Savanna were still at the top and we saw her basically go under, come up and try to grab a tree stump, go back under, and then I finally ran down there and pulled her out. But luckily she was fine afterward and we didn't have to leave. She dried off fairly fast and didn't seem fazed at all. However I on the other hand was absolutely terrified and will be investing in a doggy life jacket for her now. I know she's not a big fan of water but I never realized she couldn't swim! :o
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Icerotti

Re: Oy! Talk about scary!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 06:51:14 pm »
oh Maggie...don't scare your mommy like that. I am glad she is ok.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 08:31:32 pm »
And now you know what it's like being a mother.

Exactly the reason why I'm never having kids! :P Maggie worries me enough and don't get my started on my other furkids. I'm surprised my hair hasn't turned grey yet!

Anyways thanks guys, Maggie is sleeping soundly, she was basically knocked out as soon as we got home. Roxie is too. YEA!!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 09:23:34 pm »
Good thing everything worked out!

Zoey actually doesn't know how to swim either because the concept terrifies her. We tried everything as a puppy and could never get her to go in, and the one time she did she chased a stick into the water and then freaked out like "help, help, where did the ground go ???"
RIP former BPO

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 07:50:37 am »
OMG Scary is right!  :o  I'm so glad she's ok and I agree with Jenn, she's going to look fabulous in a new lifejacket.... try to find a pink one! hahahaha  ;D

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 02:21:08 pm »
Yes I will look for a pink lifejacket and will definitely post pics!

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 06:34:22 pm »
oh Megan - how scary for Maggie and you!  I am so happy and relieved that everything turned out fine!

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 06:47:35 pm »

Of course this doesn't come in large...

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats