Author Topic: Lucky & Sad at the same time...  (Read 13052 times)

k2campbell

Lucky & Sad at the same time...
« on: March 12, 2007, 12:36:55 pm »
It's been a while since I've posted, I've had a lot going on lately!

I'm 25 weeks along now, am loving being pregnant so much and Eric and I are SO excited to meet our little one in June! Oh, and Kate too - she's been sleeping in the nursery every night actually (since we painted and stuff) ;)

We're working on getting my Mom moved back out to Alberta before June, it's a lot of work but is progressing. She's currently in Montreal. As some of you know she suffers from severe depression (so when she'll be out here) I'll be her legal guardian. But it's all good, since telling her the news that I was pregnant it's really helped her depression a lot. This baby is such a blessing not only to us but to her too! She's going to make an excellent Grandma! ;D

The sad part. We decided we had no other choice than to sell my horse, Rollie. I've had him for 4+ years, love him dearly - but the reality is (when baby arrives) that we won't be able to afford to board him, nor will I have the time I'd like for him. I was so scared to sell him. I got calls from people that wanted to race him again (he's an x-racehorse), and I didn't want that. He's almost 9 years old now and I just wanted to find him a loving home where he'd be spoilt rotten like he deserves. Luckily, this weekend we met her (the perfect owner for Rollie), and she just loved Rollie. When she made the offer we didn't have to think twice. She's going to train him for dressage and compete with him, he will do so well at it, he's a nice mover. She's picking him up on Saturday...

I know I'll be balling my face off as the trailer pulls away, but I know we did the right thing and I know he's going to a loving home, which was most important to me. Best of all she said I can come see him whenever I want, and she'll keep me posted on how he's doing! So overall we were really lucky that she found Rollie and we found her  ;)

I attached some pics of my beautiful boy, I will miss him so much, but it's all good. I think the reason I'm so sad is because I feel like I'm letting go of a family member, which I am. Rollie and our Rotti (Slater) that we lost in 2005 were so close, I feel that I'm not only letting go of Rollie, but that I'm losing Slater again (in a sense):'(

Thanks for listening - I'll post some new pics of Kate soon. She is doing just fabulous, we are so lucky to have her in our lives - she is the best and brings so much joy to our lives each and every day! ;D ;D ;D

Kelly & Kate
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 12:39:10 pm by k2campbell »

chaosndestruction

Re: Lucky & Sad at the same time...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 12:56:38 pm »
awww i'm sooo sorry you have to re-home him:( It sounds like you found him a really good home though ;D Maybe she can let you know when she starts competing him and you can come watch?  He looks like he's going to make an excellent dressage horse!

yay on the baby it sounds like Kate can't wait to be a big sister!

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 12:58:06 pm »
Kelly I don't have alot to offer except sending you big hugs. If you need anything I'm here  :)
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

chaosndestruction

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 01:05:43 pm »
Oh, Kelly, I'm sorry.  But it sounds like you've found him a wonderful new mom.

Kate sounds like she's as eager as you are.  Oh, I wanna see big baby belly.

Tina

I second that! I think we need pics of big baby belly!

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 01:09:02 pm »
I'm so sorry you had to find a new home for Rollie, but it sounds like he will be very happy with this new lady, and it's great she's willing to keep in touch.  Sounds like you've been very busy lately, but I can't wait to see new pics of Kate, and a baby in JUNE how exciting, congrats!!  ;D

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 02:38:00 pm »
Thats gotta be hard.  If she'a as nice as she sounds, I'm sure she would be willing to send you updates and stuff.  We can hope!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 03:44:08 pm »
Sounds like you have a great deal on your plate but thinking things through and doing what is best.  Can't wait to see recent pics of Kate... and that big ole' belly.  I too loved the feeling of being pregnant, enjoy it.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 05:35:41 pm »
Awww , I'm so sorry you had to rehome Rollie , I know how it is as I started out with 5 horses before I got married and am now down to 1  :'( They are expensive , hence my username . LOL But you have a new little baby comin' and she/he will keep you so busy  ;D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 05:56:14 pm »
Awww that's so sad. :'( Good luck to Rollie in his new home!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

k2campbell

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 08:01:28 pm »
Thanks everyone for your support, appreciate it! :-* As many of you have stated, we are lucky to of found him such a great home, I will miss him a lot but know it's for the best, for both our sake and his  :P

You asked for it - here it is, my big belly pic! Out west here in Alberta we're pretty hockey crazy, our team is the Calgary Flames. Eric took this pic of me before we headed off to a game a few weeks back, I think he likes how the "C" in the Flames logo is accentuated by my belly! ;) It's fun!

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 08:08:47 pm »
AAAAWWWW look at the belly ~ very cute did the Flames win? Do you know what you are having? I'm gonna say girl but .... a boy would be tons of fun ~ good luck with the weeks to come  :)
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

marypyrs

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 08:35:33 pm »
 :D OH! What a cute little Momma To Be you are!

I'm happy for you that you found a wonderful home for Rollie. But I know how difficult a decision it must have been for you. Sounds as if he will have a wonderful future and you will have been a great part of it all. He's one beautiful horse.

My Children have always come first. But horses, as well as dogs, have been a main part of my life for as long as I can remember. (Think I sat a horse before I could walk) And I have a feeling that they will be for your Family AND this sweet baby girl/boy in years to come.  :D

Take good care of yourself.

k2campbell

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 03:55:11 am »
AAAAWWWW look at the belly ~ very cute did the Flames win? Do you know what you are having? I'm gonna say girl but .... a boy would be tons of fun ~ good luck with the weeks to come  :)
Yup, the Flames won! They win everytime Eric and I go to a game, I think some of our friends are going to want us to attend playoff games, should they make it  ;)

We don't know what we're having, we decided to keep it a surprise :) We are very excited! I told Eric that if this baby's head is anywhere near the size of his, I'd better hav a suprise waiting for me after pushing that head out! ::) Eric has a HUGE melon...

k2campbell

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 03:58:13 am »
Well guys, Rollie my horse is being picked up by his new owner tomorrow  :'( All I've been doing today is crying  :'( I know it's for the best, for us and Rollie, but it still doesn't make what I know is coming tomorrow any easier to deal with today  :(

Wish me luck tomorrow please, I'm hoping he loads in her trailer nicely (he's not a fan of getting in). I know I'll be ok but I'm just really sad today, having to say good-bye to my boy is not something I'm looking forward to  :'(

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 04:08:22 am »
You and Rollie are in my thoughts.  Hang in there. 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.