Author Topic: Just to let you know up front!  (Read 29864 times)

Offline SnydersDanes

• Gnawer
  • Titan
    • View Profile
Just to let you know up front!
« on: March 23, 2007, 08:48:09 am »
I am not a breeder and I am not looking for any danes. I had a bad experience with another website and I just wanted to make it clear up front that I am not a breeder. I have never bred any dogs or helped anyone else breed dogs. I don't want to have anything to do with puppy mills.

I just want to find a place where I can share my passion for my two beautiful great danes and my family. I love to share stories, ask questions and give advice from my experiences with my danes.

Now that I have that out in open I hope I can still join in and have some pup pals.

Connie

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
Re: Just to let you know up front!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 08:55:41 am »
You have come to the RIGHT place.  I think that almost all of us feel the same as you.  And yes you can still join and I hope that you feel welcomed.  This truely is the greatest big dog site on the internet and all of us are really proud to be called a BPO ers
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 08:57:40 am »
Welcome to BPO....I would love to see some pictures of you babies :)
I am Michelle owned by Puck the rotti(9) Farley the vizsla(1) Rosie the weimeraner (1). ;D

dohertyswissy

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 09:02:22 am »
Welcome to BPO!  You've come to the right place!  We are all about sharing stories about our pups, getting advice, and posting pictures, pictures, pictures!!  I'm Heather, Mom to a 2 year old Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, Ranger!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 09:42:00 am »
Hello, Connie, Jade, and Titan. Zoey, Dolly, and Marissa here.  8)
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 09:53:24 am »
Hi Connie!  I'm Andi, mom to Koby the great dane and Quinn the cat.  Welcome to BPO this is a great place to share stories and pictures!  ;D

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 09:54:52 am »
hi!  welcome to bpo!  you can see my boogers in my signature.  i'm sure you'll love it here!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline SnydersDanes

• Gnawer
  • Titan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 10:21:17 am »
I really want to Thank All you. I am soo glad to be in the company of dog lovers.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Connie

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 10:23:15 am »
i can't wait to see pictures of your babies!  we have a black dane with just a very little white, but boy do i ever love ones with more interesting colors!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Heffers

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 09:40:15 pm »
I am not a breeder and I am not looking for any danes. I had a bad experience with another website and I just wanted to make it clear up front that I am not a breeder. I have never bred any dogs or helped anyone else breed dogs.

This statement is no longer true.  Jade was bred to Titan on purpose, not an oops.  I'm incredibly disappointed.  Especially since no health tests were done prior.

Lindsay

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 10:38:36 pm »
yeah... i even have all the paperwork from my babies momma, and daddy, and shes still a dud... just kidding! i love my lil girl, shes just umm....costly! lol. but i wouldnt trade her for the world. when i just saw this post up i looked, i had seen those dogs on a site before, but i couldnt remember where! and i still cant... but i could have sworn its when i was looking for a breeder! i dont know though, so i cant say for sure. i just HOPE shes doing it right, and the pups get good homes.. its a shame, so many end up in shelters
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 11:10:21 pm »
she posted a website a while back that was about her and her danes, maybe that's where you saw it?
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 11:13:17 pm »
mayyyybeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee. .. i just dont remember lol!

Offline Heffers

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 12:11:37 am »
I actually know this woman (we live in the same state) and I'm really disappointed in her.  I know for a fact that absolutely no health testing was done on those animals and Titan is well under two years old to boot. 

I'm really frustrated at seeing this because she got her feelings hurt on another board and I tried talking to a few people off the board.  I tried telling them that I felt she had good intentions and she said that she wasn't going to breed her dogs.  Then this happens and it's like a slap in the face! 

She's asked others opinions before on her dogs and she has been flat out told not to breed them.  Like I said, I'm really frustrated!

Lindsay

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 12:16:07 am »
that sucks... do you know why she decided to breed them, especially without testing?