Author Topic: "Shooter" Dog Breed  (Read 77079 times)

Offline Tim_Mudd

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
"Shooter" Dog Breed
« on: March 26, 2007, 11:05:13 am »
Hi There,

I've searched all day for confirmation of the breed of dog used in the new Mark Wahlburg movie 'Shooter'. It's a beautiful breed - I suspect he's a Tibetan Mastiff - but I cannot be sure?

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks,

Tim
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 11:05:49 am by Tim_Mudd »

Offline Tim_Mudd

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: "Shooter" Dog Breed
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 06:27:39 pm »
Thanks for getting back to me! Lab eh? We're thinking maybe St. Bernard or Mastiff? We could be totally confused though now... :-s

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 08:39:35 pm »
Hmm not a bernie.. dont think its a mastiff.. looks double coated.. let me do some more research and see..

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 08:41:35 pm »
heres another photo

[img width= height=]http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/shooter/mark_wahlberg/shooter4.jpg[/img]

Still not sure on the breed... could be a mix

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Lyn

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 12:47:35 am »
Hmmm, my first thought when looking at that last pic was Fila, or Ridgeback mix?

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 01:32:10 pm »
My guess from just seeing the one picture if a Tosa Inu.  Here is a link to look at a pic.  For some reason I love these dogs just like I love the Filas but I haven't owned either of them. 

http://www.rarebreed.com/breeds/tosa.html

Jenn, there was a thing on Letterman last week that had a beer launching fridge.  Some guys came up with it and you pushed a remote and it shot the beer across the room to you.  I love the idea but I know after a couple of beers I would be on my way to the ER with a beer related injury from missing the catch.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline bronyaur

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 12:28:19 pm »
Hey Tim,

My name is Drew Thompson, I live in Vancouver, BC.
I am an animal trainer for film and television and that is
in fact my dog in the movie. His name is Logan, I enjoyed reading all the posts at guesses to the kind of breed he is and am flattered. He is a Bernese Mountain and English Mastiff X. If you look on the internet at Registered Mix Breeds I actually just found this in the past couple weeks there are people apparently breeding them now in the U.S. as they make an amazing cross and he is easily the smartest dog I have ever trained. They are calling them a Mountain Mastiff.
Any other questions I would be happy to answer them.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 12:50:31 pm »
how cool!  i'd love to see more pictures of your boy!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline bronyaur

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 11:37:43 am »
Thanks Jenn,

It is an amazing job.. but definately strenuos at times as u can imagine. Thanks for the interest and the compliment. He also appears at the beginning of Scary Movie 3 he is the dog riding the tractor across the yard.

Offline bronyaur

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 11:44:45 am »

Hey Schel,

Would love to send you a few more pics but not sure how to do it. I also have a chihuahua.. looks about the same size as yours but i cream and white color.

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 11:54:30 am »
omg thats so cool! What an interesting mix! So glad to meet you! welcome to BPO!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 11:55:37 am »
Hey Schel,
Would love to send you a few more pics but not sure how to do it. I also have a chihuahua.. looks about the same size as yours but i cream and white color.

how cool!  our chihuahua is only 5 months old, besides him i have a 140lb akita, a 120lbish 10 month old great dane, a 75 lb akita chow, and a 75lb pitbull.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Nicole

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 11:57:59 am »
HOW COOL!

I'm so jealous, and so glad that you found BPO! I hope you stick around! I also would love to see more photos and hear more about your job. This is the coolest thing ever. 'Course, could be the vodka talkin'..hehehe..we also love BOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOZE around here...

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 02:23:08 pm »
Hey Drew,

I just wanted to welcome you to the board and say your boy is gorgeous.  That is a cool job you have.  I have a very good friend that used to train animals for movies too and he's Canadian.  Now he's a panda keeper.  I just thought that was a funny coincidence. 

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline fullsizetrucks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 12:55:31 am »
Hi Drew,

Welcome to BPO!  I have to agree with everyone in saying it is cool that you found this place!  I am the mom to a rotti, dane and a weim.  If you have any hints on how to accomplish the beer fetching trick for us laymen, I am sure that my hubby, and most of us here, would be forever grateful!  Can't wait to see pictures of your furkids!
Big dogs make a house a home.
Be nice, you are God to your Dog.

Heidi
Harassed mother of one 2 legged kid, and three 4 legged spoiled brats!