Author Topic: Good photo of wolfhound  (Read 8117 times)

Offline henryb

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Good photo of wolfhound
« on: March 27, 2007, 01:10:35 pm »
I found this photo on a new Irish Wolfhound group website in Ireland. The cat is very relaxed!

http://www.iwsocietyofireland.com/news/mattress.htm

The website has many interesting articles and many photos.  The Society appears to be very actrive and has members all over the world not just in Ireland. I might join.

www.iwsocietyo fireland.com

KRITTRS

Re: Good photo of wolfhound
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 03:28:33 pm »
If you liked that photo, check out these of my Brougan/doggie bed.  That big, warm IW body is great for snuggling up to....or ON to!!

jesday

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 03:38:39 pm »
These photos are beyond precious. Who is everybody besides Brougan?

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 03:46:59 pm »
Brougan is one handsome fella.  I love the scruffy look of an IW.  Tell us more about him.  How old is he?  Where did you get him, not the breeder's name, but general info? 
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 03:49:33 pm »
What cute pix.  Looks like animals are attracted to the same scruffiness i am...........l ol.

I too am wondering who the other dogs are?  They sure are cute.

KRITTRS

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 04:02:14 pm »
The other kids in the pictures are: a Miniature GoldenDoodle pup (the black), a Labradoodle pup (the Choc), and a Schnoodle mix who belongs to a friend of mine.

Brougan is an OLD man already, and is living on borrowed time.  He is 6.5 years, and was diagnosed with bone cancer about 6 months ago--and given only 4 months to live, so he's doing GREAT!!  Either the diagnosis was incorrect, or he is in major remission.  I stopped giving him his pain meds several months ago, since it doesn't seem he needs them--I'll save them for when he DOES need them.  I got Brougan from a breeder near Toronto, Canada.

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 05:04:07 pm »
I am so sorry.  These wonderful, gentle souls, live such horribly short lives as it is, it breaks my heart for them to be sick or in pain, ever.
I have to ask, just because I am so worried about this happening to Max.  Is he neutered?  If so, at what age?  If you don't want to answer or feel it is too personal, I will understand. 
My heart goes out to you and Brougan.  I hope he is in major remission and has many, many, years left to lie in the sun, snuggle with puppies and enjoy his life with you.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

KRITTRS

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 05:45:39 pm »
Brougan has not been neutered--he never acted too much like a male, so I just never felt the need.  He fathered his first and only litter last year, with a Great Dane female (hopefully there's no mixed-breed-haters reading this!!). I kept one of his puppies, so it's kind of like a little piece of Brougan to help me through. And let me tell you, the Dane/IW mix is the BEST of both worlds.  I love the IW breed, but I'm really hoping that the mix will be a bit healthier, and perhaps longer-lived?  Crossing my fingers!!I am a huge advocate of the mixed breed dog, although I love purebreds too!!

Anyway, back to Brougan--he has a boney lump in one of his forlegs (at the 'wrist' joint), that my vet diagnosed as bone cancer. Since he's doing so well, they have suggested that we take xrays again, just to see if anything looks different this time around. I did not go beyond the xrays last time for an 'official' diagnosis, since it seemed pretty cut-and-dry.  I'm just so happy he's no longer in pain like he was for the first month or two after the lump developed.  He barely even limps anymore!  I'm sure the remission is temporary, and I'm thankful for each day in the meantime.

jesday

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 05:16:38 am »
When his time does come, :'( you will not find a better place full of people who understand the loss. Please know we are here for your support. :)

AudgePadge

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 06:12:10 am »
Wow, he's handsome...eve n for a fella in his golden years.  He does look very relaxed and happy though :)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 12:18:17 pm »
Wow, he is a good looking pup! I'm a fan of scruffy and Brindle! Is that his pup in the pic beside him? You should post more pics of both of them ;)