Author Topic: Question about feeding raw...  (Read 2510 times)

Offline BellaRoosMom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Question about feeding raw...
« on: March 30, 2007, 06:19:34 pm »
Im new to feeding raw, and was wondering:  Hubby has noticed that my dogs are more excited about eating a raw meal than kibble.  Has anyone who feeds raw noticed this?  It is a bad sign?  I think its normal.  I think he's worried it will lead to aggression.  Opinions?

Offline Ma-Is-Pa

• Gnawer
  • Fal-o-Fluff!
    • View Profile
Re: Question about feeding raw...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 11:35:11 pm »
Hello..
New to all this, but I happened to catch your post.  I have German Shepherds and I feed a completely raw diet. (frozen chicken quarters and 10% organ meat) I wouldn't be too concerned with your dogs agressive reactions to the food they are consuming...un less they have a particular life experience of killing and animal -cringe- to compare it to, or associate it with, more than likely they react like this because it TASTES really good to them. You can equate it to the similar reaction when your buddy, particularly a younger dog, gets ahold of your Big Mac when you forget and leave it someplace convenient.  You can bet it will be swallowed whole before you can dig it out of his mouth.
~Kitty Kat and..
Maxie Mouse!
Isa Piecy!
Payla Roo!

Offline BellaRoosMom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Question about feeding raw...
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 03:55:39 am »
That was exactly what I was thinking.  It must taste better than dried pellets!  I would be excited to get yummy food too.  They aren't fighting over meals now.  Just jumping up and down like pogo sticks when it's mealtime!!!  That makes ME happy, not worried.  It's just that the hubby worries. 

When I was younger I had a dog who killed one of my chickens, then one of my rabbits, and then anything that would provide chase.  Not good.  But the difference is that my dogs I have now are being fed, not hunting.