Author Topic: I'm So Sad!!! The Adoption Fell Through on Murphy....(very long)  (Read 13223 times)

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
Margaret was Great!! :)
But, the Rescue she was dealing with approved the adoption on 3/16, then I got the PM on 3/28 the they decided not to go through with the adoption. :'( 
I sent the adoption fee of $350.00 (overnight) to her on 3/22.  I was so fortunate that Margaret held on to the money and did not hand it over right away, because the Rescue would not have gave my money back... even thought they backed out of the contract, not me.  She said it's in fine print somewhere, but it's not on the contract that I signed!!!  The Rescue would have "chaulked" it up as a donation and not given my "adoption fee" back.  Has anyone else ever heard of this before?
I was devasted enough that they broke the contract and my heart :'( :'((he was already mine... I couldn't wait) and then to hear that I almost didn't get my $$ back.... I've been a bit upset the last couple days. 
I won't say too much, but I have a feeling the adoption wasn't going to be a reality all along. :-X  Especially since I'm in Oregon and Murphy/Rescue is in New York... they probably didn't think I would have come all the way over to NY to make a big stink regarding a meer(sp?) $350...
they don't know me very well, cuz I don't appreciate anyone forcing me to make a donation... don't get me wrong, I back rescues and I donate to a good cause, but to take my $$ under false pretenses(allegedly), kinda rubs me the wrong way.  Margaret was pissed and felt they might have broke the contract to give Murphy to a "friend", so she decided to keep him herself, and possibly start her own rescue.  I'm just glad she was on top of how things are run at the Rescue and didn't hand over the $$$. 
I should have the $$ sent back to me next week.  Then I can put it back in my "OEM" fund. 
I'm still waiting to hear back from Margaret, because I don't even know which Rescue I was dealing w/(My Bad!! :-[)and I want to make sure I don't deal w/ them ever again.
The adoption papers were generic, and I was told that all three of the rescues she dealt w/ were similar... identical forms, rules and regulations.
Has anyone ever had this happen before??
I'm definately dealing w/ someone alot closer.
Thanks for listening to me vent... :)

Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: I'm So Sad!!! The Adoption Fell Through on Murphy....(very long)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 03:42:53 am »
Oh I am SO sorry that the adoption fell thru  :-[

I am just heartbroken for you.  It makes a person leary of using rescues.  I am sure that most are reputable but dealing with one far from home is difficult.

I just love happy endings and was so hoping that this would be one.

Again, I'm sorry for you and I'm sorry for Murphy who would have had the most awesome home with you and your family. :-[

Randy & Harley

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 03:53:29 am »
I'm so sorry that happened.  I'm especially sorry that this situation has calused you towards rescues.  It's a shame really as there are some out there doing wonderful things and when places like the one you just dealt with has a less ethical way of 'business' it really gives people room to question.  Again I'm very sorry.  And good luck with your OEM fund.  I'm positive the right dude will come along for you.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 05:31:30 am »
There was no issue with us not showing up.  Margaret's husband is a truck driver and we already had set up a time frame of the last week of April (our vacation time) and was waiting for his exact destination before we finalized the "spot" to meet.  We were driving approx. half way to meet up and gather the big boy. 
The only way we wouldn't have followed through, was if something really bad happened... accident, illness w/ hospitalizatio n or death, but that could happen whether we adopted across country or next door.
Fate... there's a reason and I'll figure it out soon. :-\

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Offline moenow

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 08:04:25 am »
What part of Oregon are you in?  Are you just looking for a male dane?  I have a friend who also lives in Oregon looking to sell her 6 month old female.  She's all black with some white on her face and neck (I can't remember what type that is!!)  Lucy is the sister to our Cooper and is very cute.  My friend is extremely nice and is probably willing to work with the right family.

By the way, I love that picture you have on your avatar...now I know it's not only my dane who has a good right hook!! :D

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 11:58:57 am »
What part of Oregon are you in?  Are you just looking for a male dane?  I have a friend who also lives in Oregon looking to sell her 6 month old female.  She's all black with some white on her face and neck (I can't remember what type that is!!)  Lucy is the sister to our Cooper and is very cute.  My friend is extremely nice and is probably willing to work with the right family.

By the way, I love that picture you have on your avatar...now I know it's not only my dane who has a good right hook!! :D

Thanks!  The girls get goin' pretty good sometimes!

I'm pretty set on a male OEM, since we already have 3 females... a male would be best w/ all the princess attitudes here.
Modified:  We live in the Beaverton/Portland area.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 11:59:57 am by specialkdanemom »

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 01:27:50 pm »
Oh My Goodness, I just read the post I am so sorry things didn't work out. Keep your head up, this happened to us as well, our girl(not Libby) was supposed to come on Sunday and the Friday before they called and she went to another home ~ we were heart broken  :'( but like others have said your boy is out there just waiting till the time is right, keeping fingers crossed and sending a hug ~ Kim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

chaosndestruction

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 11:04:42 pm »
Oh Karen that sucks!!!

Any other specifications (age/does good with cats or kids/color) that you are looking for in a male OE Mastiff?

I can help keep my eyes open too since i'm in Oregon as well.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 11:05:56 pm by chaosndestruction »

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 12:41:19 am »
Oh Karen that sucks!!!

Any other specifications (age/does good with cats or kids/color) that you are looking for in a male OE Mastiff?

I can help keep my eyes open too since i'm in Oregon as well.

Age really doesn't matter, but we figure that we should be looking at a young boy, because of the activity level of the girls.  They get pretty rough at times (1.5yrs, 3yrs, and 3yrs).  Cats... we have two outdoor cats and have never had a problem w/ dogs & cats.  Color doesn't matter.  The more slobber the better. ;D  Kid (14&15 yrs) friendly... no small children.  Loveable, slobbery, hugable, etc. a definate plus!!  Thanks!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

chaosndestruction

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 02:34:37 am »
yw I'll definately be keeping my eyes out for you!

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 02:44:38 am »
Well, there is a Dogue at the Toronto Humane Society that needs to be rescued...

Anakalia

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 02:50:06 am »
I'm so sorry, I know you really wanted Murphy.  I do think everything happens for a reason, the right pup will come along.  ;D

k2campbell

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 06:51:16 am »
I'm so sorry to hear that the adoption of Murphy fell through for you, I can really feel the heartache in your post  :'(

You are right though, thank goodness for Margaret  :)

Offline Rugby and Kona mum

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • BLOG
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 01:50:34 pm »
Sorry to hear things fell through.
I'm not sure how far you are from Michigan but I just got the sweetest Rottweiler from them and there is another that they are looking to adopt out. Arlene from the Rottie Rescue is a peach and she is true to her word. If not a dane how about a sweetheart Rottweiler named BEHR?

Take a look

http://www.msu.edu/~silvar/rottweiler.htm
Let me be the person my dog thinks I am

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 03:16:34 pm »
Alright, Sara is going to be my downfall, now I want BEHR! He's gorgeous!! And you said Peach :D ;D :D