Author Topic: just a quick rant  (Read 6659 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
just a quick rant
« on: April 07, 2007, 10:07:35 am »
ok, i just gotta rant a little.  i know not everybody on here love snakes, but today is "feeding day" for our snake.  so hubby goes and gets a rat, goes outside with it, and long and behold it gets loose!  GREAT!  now we have an adult, FEMALE rat running lose in our yard.  how awesome is that.   :(
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

angelsmama

Re: just a quick rant
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 10:10:51 am »
oh boy... maybe someones dog or cat will help haha..

Offline gerty647

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 10:34:29 am »
We actually got our first mouse ever back in the fall,That's when we got our cat,Our last cat got out a window and he still wont come home,So my husband said he didn't want another,Well after the mouse and his family moved in, I told my husband "Either we get another cat or I'm going to my mom's.
So far so good.
Annabelle-Otterhound mix
Ruffles-Kitty

Michigan

angelsmama

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 10:37:07 am »
ok, i just gotta rant a little.  i know not everybody on here love snakes, but today is "feeding day" for our snake.  so hubby goes and gets a rat, goes outside with it, and long and behold it gets loose!  GREAT!  now we have an adult, FEMALE rat running lose in our yard.  how awesome is that.   :(

try setting one of those "humane" traps out there, the plastic kind that traps em in the box.. if something hasnt already happened to her..

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 10:41:58 am »
i might do that, just for peace of mind.  we had to let the dogs potty before they go pee in the house, and 4 of them are digging under the shed.  any idea where it went?  they're pretty stupid though, so i doubt they'll catch it.  unless sheeba actually got into it instead of supervising.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 10:42:33 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 10:43:27 am »
gerty (sorry i don't know your real name  :-[) do you keep snakes also?  curiosity kills ha ha
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 10:43:51 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 10:45:08 am »
YIKES!!  I'm thinking you guys should go ahead and start the Mice On Ice meals for your snake.  How is the snakes cold doing btw?
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 10:46:47 am »
I would say congrats to the rat on making it's great escape but that would be mean I guess. :-X :P I know snakes need to eat, I'd just rather understand that happens far far away from me. Do you have a rat problem there or something, is that the concern with it being let go? Besides the snake losing it's meal I mean. It WOULD be entirely gross if the dogs got it. I'm thinking it probably won't be found easily, they're usually good at that stuff, well rodents in general.

Offline gerty647

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 10:53:11 am »
Steffanie,
No, we currently don't any snakes,When I was younger I wanted a ball python,Now that I'm older I think one would freak me out!
I never used to be scared of anything,
Now I freak if a cricket lands on me.
Annabelle-Otterhound mix
Ruffles-Kitty

Michigan

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 10:55:16 am »
Quote from: gerty647
Now I freak if a cricket lands on me.
[quote

LOL, sounds like me. I used to love all that stuff too.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 10:55:48 am by mama23+pyrs2 »

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 11:07:36 am »
his cold is 100% gone now.  not even a little snotty!  i live half way out in the country, it's just our neighborhood and a few about a mile away, then it's about 10 miles to town (we even have a WHOLE dairy farm down the street).  we don't have a rat problem here at our house, but being in the country, i'm sure there are some in the area!  we frequently have deer across the street, possums, raccoons, etc in our yard.  i'd rather not have the rat problem even start though.  we looked into the frozen mice, and since no one locally sells them when we priced them we'd pay $19.00 for 20 rats, but then we'd pay $41 just for the shipping  :-\  our dogs wouldn't touch them, they'd probably scream at the sight of a rat.  none of them but sheeba that is.  she's is infamous for finding rodents and eating them.  she was a stray for an unknown amount of time and takes meals whenever they're presented, yuck!

p.s.-  the snake is doing so well, he's about to shed, starting to get that glazed eye look.  oh, and IF the dogs did manage to get a hold of the snake (which is not going to happen) that would be nasty, they like to play tug of war.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 11:12:56 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline gerty647

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 11:14:24 am »
When I was little we had stray collie that we took in that used to catch mice and drop them on our back porch,He also love to catch the neighborhood cats (sorry).We used to have to clean up the back yard every sprin when the snow melted.
I never had the heart to tell my best friend what happened to Sunshine (her cat).
Jackie
Annabelle-Otterhound mix
Ruffles-Kitty

Michigan

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 11:15:56 am »
sheeba did the cat thing one time, when we first moved here  :'(
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 11:19:32 am »
OMG poor cats!!! We get rats, moles, birds, lizards, frogs from the cats but geez.

Offline gerty647

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 11:19:51 am »
When I say "clean up the yard"I meant all the cat collars,
It was sad because he was a great dog other than that one big flaw.
Annabelle-Otterhound mix
Ruffles-Kitty

Michigan