Author Topic: Puppy weight  (Read 45228 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Re: Puppy weight
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 03:28:59 pm »
Yeah I read that most commonly they weigh between 35-55 lbs, and the original ABPT's were only 20-40 lbs. This says most that are larger than the average were bred with something else. Hmmm.. Wikipedia says females should be 35-60. Interesting
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 03:30:29 pm by mama23+pyrs2 »

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 03:30:59 pm »
Really it does because from what the pet shop owner said it didn't have alot of fillers and was really great! :o What do you feed your dogs? And where can I find that article? Have you heard of Innova? Please help. I want to do the best for my baby.  :-[
Mommy to
one baby girl 1 yr and one boy 3 yrs
pitbull Justice-70 lbs. @ 10 mos.
2 kitties Thelma and Louise 1 year.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 03:31:28 pm »
ours (caine) weighs 75 lbs, but that's only because he thinks he's arnald schwarzenegger (we don't do weight pulling or conditioning of any sort either).  a lot of the P.B.'s i see nowadays are pretty muscular, i actually read that overly conditioning them is causing medical problems.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 03:33:25 pm »
Really it does because from what the pet shop owner said it didn't have alot of fillers and was really great! :o What do you feed your dogs? And where can I find that article? Have you heard of Innova? Please help. I want to do the best for my baby.  :-[

pet shop owners don't know a lot about food ha ha.  neither do most vets, as they spend very little time studying nutrition and more time studying medicine.  usually you have to do your own studies to figure it out, unfortunately.  we feed innova, it's great.  it has very few fillers, and good protein sources, etc.  makes them have great skin / coat and they're not fat, but very solid dogs.  to see the article, all you have to do is click the links, or copy and paste them.  if you mean the one about too much muscles, tell me and i'll look the link up for you.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 03:34:15 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 03:34:42 pm »
I have tried to post 2 things and its not working.
Mommy to

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 03:35:50 pm »
you can e-mail me if you're having problems with the site, and i can e-mail you the links.  schelmischekit ty at hotmail dot com.  sometimes the site gets overloaded and causes problems because of high demand  :-\ ::)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 03:37:35 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 03:37:01 pm »
I can't seem to get my posts to actually post, sorry.
Mommy to

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 03:37:13 pm »
I guess he's only like 10 lbs over what that says for males, not bad.

And most people that work at the pet stores don't seem to know crap. I'm certain there are some that do, but I know alot of them aren't educated in the area of nutrition. I know a ton of people on here feed Innova and love it. Mine eat Canidae and are doing excellent on that too. The fat in that is low too, as well as containing none of the nasty stuff you don't want.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 03:38:29 pm »
I can't seem to get my posts to actually post, sorry.

if you're having problems, i always hit preview instead of post ha ha, that or i hit tab and enter and it goes to preview
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 03:41:02 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 06:17:24 am »
Sorry guys i tried to write back a couple times but it wouldn't post. I wanted to know what you feed your dogs Stephanie. I was told that this was a great food and the pet store owners feed there dogs. I want to do the best for my dog and I don't want to pay top dollar for a food that isn't doing her the best! Of course when i weighed her it was at home so maybe i was a little off. I take her to the vet in a week so I will see then how her weight gain is. But she is not overweight looking. She is about a foot tall at the shoulders and lean looking.
Mommy to

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 08:44:10 am »
glad to see you back!  we feed innova here at the house
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 05:45:16 am »
Mommy to

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 05:51:56 am »
Hey wow that didn't post till after I signed off. weird!! Anyways since I talked to you I decided to switch as well to Innova. She loves it and we went to the vet yesterday and she was 31 lbs so I must have been off a little. So she gained right about 2.5 lbs per week. So I am not worried I think she will be around 80 or 90 lbs. Thanks so much for your help though.  ;D
Mommy to

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 05:56:26 am »
About her being to muscular. she wont she will be big anyways. she isn't show quality because of her size but thats how i like them. Big and tall I really don't like all the overly muscled dogs. Her mom was probably 70-80 lbs but she wasn't really muscular.
Mommy to

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 11:49:05 pm »
Yeah I read that most commonly they weigh between 35-55 lbs, and the original ABPT's were only 20-40 lbs. This says most that are larger than the average were bred with something else. Hmmm.. Wikipedia says females should be 35-60. Interesting

I know show quality dogs are smaller but its like the chow where you got the wrinkly small show quality chows and then you have then you have one like my moms who is a little taller and a smoother prettier face. Its selective breeding. generally when people who aren't gonna show pits they are betweent 50 to 70 for females. I was amazed actually the first time I saw a show quality pitbull at how small he was, because I had always known them to be bigger. ??? That of course was before i began study the breed.  :)
Mommy to