Author Topic: MORE PET FOOD RECALLS: Natural Balance <-- Its not just Wheat Gluten anymore!  (Read 40761 times)

Lyn

OH my this is horible! Somehow I felt it would only be a matter of time before this would happen. Now even grain free food is effected!
I am so glad that we are feeding Harley raw now, and I think that I may even switch Jolene (cat) to a raw diet as well!

Nina

Grain free dog food is affected too?  ??? Ok I''m confused, lol. I haven't heard anything about that.

Go! Natural is a grain free food. I know the dry food isn't recalled but if the wet food was...

Nina

Ahhh ok. I thought you had discovered more info. Apparently the reason the new foods are being recalled is from cross contamination. Which mean menu isn't very clean with their equipment.  >:(

Lyn

hmmm now Go! Natural has been removed from that list. It was on Menu's site and Itchmo's yesterday, which I copied and pasted on page 7, now it's not on there.  ???

http://www.itchmo.com/read/breaking-news-menu-foods-recall-expands-dramatically-due-to-cross-contamination_20070502
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 01:55:15 am by Lyn »

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
WOW that is so weird!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Anakalia

Awww, I was hoping the recall thing was over!  :(

Anakalia

Seriously, when will this stop?

I was just thinking the SAME dang thing!  I was just telling Tony yesterday, that I'm so glad the recalled food thing was over with, then I'm driving my daughter to school this morning and the Nutra Nugget story was on the radio!  I spoke too soon.  I will no longer mention anything about the food recall because I think I jinxed it.  BUT I'm also worried of how many other Companies are trying to keep things hush hush, it's kinda strange how Diamond went this long before recalling this product! 

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Itchmo is also testing none recalled food to see if they find anything. Should be interesting!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
I can't believe that they find this and then have the gall to NOT tell us which companies are doing this. We have a right to know! GRRRR AHHHH I am so P%$^SED OFF! This is not right! I am so glad that I made the switch to raw. But it makes me think what are they putting in the food we eat, is that even safe anymore? It make me sad to think that the our world really does revolve around money, and these big companies just don't care anymore.  :'(

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Anakalia

OMG!!!  This is crazy!  Why would they put that stuff in pet food?   That's really scary stuff. 

Lyn

This is just getting insane! :'( First melamine, now Salmonella and tylenol?! :o How the heck does tylenol get in pet food.. someone had to of put it there.  :-\