Author Topic: Help Support the Pit Bull Breed  (Read 4889 times)

bigdogs@5501

Help Support the Pit Bull Breed
« on: April 24, 2007, 05:03:07 pm »
A day to promote responsible pit bull ownership!
Calling all responsible pit bull owners/advocates/fanciers... Please mark Saturday, October 20, 2007 on your calendars for the first nationwide Pit Bull Awareness Day.
In light of the constant negative publicity that surrounds pit bulls, we felt it was time to establish a day to focus on these incredible dogs and their responsible owners. The media berates our dogs daily. Legislators have labeled pit bull owners as the "criminal element" who only own pit bulls to enhance their macho image.
Its time we set the record straight.
Regardless of where you are located, please join Bless the Bullys and the Bull Breed Alliance of Tennessee in celebrating this wonderful breed and their devoted, responsible owners/advocates.
Please participate in an activity on October 20, 2007 to promote and celebrate responsible pit bull ownership. Regardless of the activity you choose - a dog walk, a candlelight vigil, an educational workshop or just a friendly get together - please sign up to participate so people in your area know and can participate and promote responsible ownership with you.
Its time to show the world that all pit bull owners ARE NOT alike, and that responsible pit bull owners are no longer willing to sit back and be judged by the image set by the visible minority of irresponsible owners.
It will take time to reverse the damage already done, but together, we can change the image bestowed upon our dogs (and their owners)!
Cookeville, Tennessee
Event:
Pit Bull Workshop
rescue@blessthebullys.com

Event:
Candle Light Vigil
Pitrow@gmail.com

Event:
Pit Bull Meet/Greet & Education Rally
Laurie Adams
CDTBullyRescue@aol.com
Event:
To be Announced
tarlynn@cox.net

Event:
Candlelight Vigil
dogsr4life@yahoo.com
Event:
To be announced
darrington@bassberry.com
Event:
Bully Rally
amiela@gmail.com

Event:
To be announced
United Bully Breed Council
Event:
Candlelight Vigil
Carrie Julian
allpitnobull@yahoo.com

EllieAndBlu

Re: Help Support the Pit Bull Breed
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 07:48:15 am »
Thanks for posting this info Paige. I just emailed the Atlanta contact for more info on the local event. My girl Ellie is a dobie/pit mix - I would love to show my support for her and all pits on Oct. 20th.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 11:53:40 am »
rachel, please pass what you find out onto us!  we have caine, pure bred little wuss ha ha, esp. if they're having an event i'm sure hubby would love to go!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 12:00:42 pm »
Sure thing Steff!