Author Topic: Tenchi Acupuncture Update 4/27  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Tenchi Acupuncture Update 4/27
« on: April 27, 2007, 12:17:24 pm »
Tenchi went for his acupuncture today.  I swear this whole ordeal is like a rollercoaster with all the highs & lows.  I had brought the x-rays with me for Dr. Pienkos(acupuncturist/DVM) to look over.  Unfortunately, she still is really concerned, especially after looking at them.  I don't really want to go into it, but she is going to go over them with Tenchi's vet, Dr. Looney, when she sees her this weekend during their shift together at the ER.  Then they'll get back to me and see what to do from there.

As far as his acupuncture, Tenchi did wonderfully.  He was a bit ticklish with the ones in his front leg, but after that he fell asleep right away.  Afterwards he was reluctant to get up and go home when the time was up and she took out the needles.  As far as we know, he'll be going weekly to have it done and we'll see how he responds to it.  I can't really tell if it made much of a difference today since he's barely woken up since he's been home.  Dr. Pienkos said to expect that though and also that he might seem a bit worse for a day or so before seeing any improvement.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:57:47 pm by Moni »
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Tenchi Acupuncture Update 4/27
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 12:53:11 pm »
aww Moni, Im glad tenchi had a great day of- lots of rest. hahaha. I hope that everything is ok, and he does well- will there be more ancupuncture? i hope u keep us updated with it all. :) Big kisses to my favorite boy

Jodi
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 03:14:33 am »
Thanks guys!  :D

Yes, Jo, there will be more acupuncture.  He is going to be going weekly for a while.  Supposedly it takes a couple of "treatments" before you can see if there is improvement or not. So we're going to be riding it out for a while before we really know.

I had to wake him last night to go to potty, and this AM he hasn't woken up yet!  lol  (its 10am).  As a matter of fact, I'm sitting right next to him, since his bed is next to the computer, and he hasn't even noticed that I'm here.  ;D  So I'd say that it is very relaxing for him at the least.   hahaha

BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 03:22:08 am »
Wow!  It's amazing that Tenchi was so relaxed by the acupuncture.  How neat.  We're sending lots of positive thoughts for you and Tenchi.  :)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 03:52:29 am »
Awww, poor, sweet Tenchi!  I hope that you see some improvement over the next few weeks.
I am kind of a big deal!

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 05:24:40 am »
I know this has been a whole ordeal for you but I just have to say AWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW, Tenchi is so cute, I just love him! He has SO much personality, you can see it through his eyes  ;)

I'm really hopeful the acupuncture will work, hang in there ya big moose - we're all rooting for ya!!! :-* :-*

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 04:06:06 am »
Yaaayyyyy Tenchi and Moni too! This has been such an ordeal for y'all. I am so glad to see things moving in a positive direction for the big guy. I love how relaxed Tenchi was during his treatment. We're sending lots of healing hugs!